Watching TV in my camper with Visible Hot Spot.

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

When I am camping I like to watch a little TV before going to bed. Over the air using the camper antenna can be iffy in certain locations. I recently bought a ROKU 26" TV for the camper. I enable the hot spot on my phone and connect the TV to that signal. I subscribe to FUBO for my house TV so I can use FUBO on the ROKU and watch what ever I can watch at home. I also have Prime Video to watch movies. Even without FUBO there are plenty of free stuff to watch with the ROKU. The hot spot is limited to 5GB but that is plenty to watch TV.

If you do not have a ROKU TV you can use a ROKU stick connected to an HDMI port with the same results.

This of course assumes you have at least a couple of bars of signal on the phone.

2 REPLIES 2

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Good information!

I would add that be mindful that since Visible is a MVNO service, if the TV Service polls your location to determine what local channels you get, you may get some different results.  I believe I saw a post earlier that it may appear you are from California.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

VisibleRocks
Superuser
Superuser

Thank you for sharing this experience.  Would you also be willing to post your example in the Let's Chat forum in case someone else might want to try using their hotspot this way?

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.