Wifi Calling disappeared

DJWiki
Novice II

My home location requires me to use wifi calling.  One day i noticed my signal strength was weak, so i went to see if wifi calling got turned off.  It not only was off, but it was gone as an option to turn on.  Nowhere in my phone can it be found.  Keep in mind, i use it regularly, so i know how to find it.  I tried all the tricks and tips...restart phone, remove sim, restart phone again, re insert sim, restart phone again, clear network and bluetooth settings, restore phone to factory (pita),  look in network connections,  look in phone settings, insert a different sim...all with no fix.

One thing that may be helpful and may make this a more wide spread problem, is that at one point my phone wanted me to update my emergency location for wifi use purposes.   I cant remember if i did, or skipped it, but i think that is a clue as to what might be the dissconect. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  Can you check to see if your wifi has disappeared?  Im clueless as to what to do.  I think its on Visible's end and some reset or push is needed on their side .

I have an active open case with the Visible team looking into this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BTW, it was Visible with this issue.  As soon as I switched to Verizon, my WiFi calling feature was available.   

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

DJWiki
Novice II

Update:  The Visible team recommended I reset my phone back to factory.  As stated, I did that and it did not help the situation.

I will keep this thread updated as I get information.

DJWiki
Novice II

Visible says it's my phone and suggested go to Samsung tech department.   I did that and they went into my phone for over an hour running diagnostics and everything in my phone works perfectly.   Visible techs are absolutely no help at all.  This is obviously  either SIM related or a disconnect between Visible and Android on certain phones.  This type of headache  will definitely push one away from Visible.

DJWiki
Novice II

Update:  In order to do my Due diligence before throwing the towel into the ring, I went to a Certified Samsung Repair center to explain what is going on with my phone.  They told me three things that could remedy this situation.  

1)  Ask Visible to get me a new SIM card issued.  

2) Send my phone to Samsung and have them reinstall the phone system with the binaries.  (tech talk) This would take several days with having no phone.

3) Switch to a different carrier and use their new SIM card.

First solution was to ask Visible for a new SIM card.  I did that, and they informed me that an eSim was not available for my phone and they could send out a new SIM card.  By doing this, they warned me my current SIM would deactivate and I would be without cell coverage for a minimum of 2 days.  Keep in mind, the SIM they sent out originally to have me switch to them took 4 days to get to me.

Second solution, as noted would also take about 4 days with no phone.

Third option looks to be the easiest route to take in order to have continued phone service.

As I may have already said, I did see WiFi calling come back on my phone when I put old SIM cards from other carriers into my phone.  The option instantly showed up.  However it prompts you to switch to their service....something I wasn't prepared to do, but definitely am prepared to do now.

The intend of these rants in to keep the community informed in case they run into a similar issue.  If I do switch to another carrier, I probably won't be monitoring this thread for any future updates or advice.  I do hope this helps others that my have similar issues.

DJWiki
Novice II

Update:  Be sure to get a port out pin.  Verizon switched me to them per my request to Verizon, and Visible terminated my account immediately.   Their team said there was nothing that could be done to recover it.  I have an email trail with tech support to verify all of this.  BEWARE if you decide to leave.  Visible will be no help to you in the process.  

BTW, it was Visible with this issue.  As soon as I switched to Verizon, my WiFi calling feature was available.   

BZY63
Novice

I became a Visible customer today.  Switched from Verizon.  Even with Verizon I needed a network extender to get 4 bars on my iPhone 7 Plus.    Without it I had 1 bar.   Unfortunately with switching to Visible, the network extender will no longer work.  So I am back to 2 bars.   My WIFI calling is staying turned on just fine.   I hope I don't start having issues with talking on the phone.  When I look at the network coverage for my address it says we have 5G and 4G but it sure doesn't act like we do.    Does VISIBLE have a network extender?