looking for a basic phone without the apps @ Visible

tpinto
Novice

I am a senior would like to get a basic phone (inexpensive) for just getting calls and picking up voicemail  messages. I do not need any apps. Is such a phone available through Visible ? I am a Verizon customer looking to eventually move off the landline. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

Twigby which uses Verizon service has a $10 plus taxes plan with unlimited talk and text. They have several basic flip phones for under sixty $$.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

For your needs Visible is probably not the best choice. Visible features unlimited data for $25 a month all in. If you don't want data for apps, there less expensive options for talk and text service.

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

Twigby which uses Verizon service has a $10 plus taxes plan with unlimited talk and text. They have several basic flip phones for under sixty $$.

I looked at Twigby and they seem to be good. I might just go with them to start

Consumer Cellular is another cheap one that has flip phones $40 to $60 with unlimited talk and text and 1GB of data for $15 for 12 month deal then switches to $20 a month.

Edit: deleted this part about the affordable connectivity program as I just saw another post here it is ending.