transfering esim to another phone

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

Hi, my primary phone is an iPhone.  I have an android phone and I do some android testing.  How hard it to transfer my esim to my android phone?  It does support esim?  How quickly can I transfer it back to the iPhone?

1 REPLY 1

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @phoneman2021 - You would transfer using the Visible app while connected over WiFi.  There will be an option within the application that will allow you to start the transfer and will walk you through disabling the old eSIM to activate the new eSIM.  However, one caveat that you'll want to be aware of: I'm not sure how Visible handles disabling iMessage once you transfer over.  It might stay active, which would cause issues with other iPhone users trying to reach you when using your Android phone.  The same can be true with RCS messages if/when you move back to iPhone.  Worst case, if you do have issues, you can reach out to Visible Customer Care and they should be able to fix it on their end.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.