Is it possible to use your visible line in Europe without Global Pass

antonisgrk
Novice

Hi Everyone

I am a TMO user considering moving to Visible. Visible has better coverage where I live here in the US but I travel a lot. 

I spend several weeks at the time in Europe (UK Italy, Lux and Greece) for work every year. When abroad for so long it does not make sense for me to pay $10 per day for Global Pass. With TMO I get 5GB fast data and unlimited 3G so I can use my phone when abroad and I pay per call / text a la carte based on my usage/needs. For data I usually buy a local sim or use Wifi 

Does anyone know whether Visible will work in Europe IF I turn OFF Roaming? And if I disable Global Pass? Will it connect to the local cell providers and would I be able to receive SMS? 

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

DeanKevin64
Ace II

Without Global Pass you would not connect to service or towers in Europe. You do have options though, turn on wi-fi calling before you leave the US, make sure it works, and DO NOT turn it off after arriving in Europe and use local wi-fi hotspots or hotel hotspots for data and wi-fi calling. I think if you turn it off you can't turn it back on outside the US, not 100% sure on that. Another option is if you have dual SIM you can get a local SIM and connect Visible SIM to the that SIM and use for calling and texts, I believe it works like wi-fi calling. Both of these options I have no clue how they work, this is just information I have read on Visible's Reddit page. You might get more accurate information you would be better off researching it.

Also, there is not much traffic here in the community forums so getting an exact answer might not happen. If you happen to be on Reddit search for Visible and ask the question there. 

Thank you so much, I appreciate your answer and will look on Reddit also. I am familiar using WiFi calling on my TMO line so I can set it. What I am not sure is if two factor SMS messages for authenticating apps, like google gmail etc arrive on my phone if on WiFi calling or whether they need proper cellular connection to be delivered. Perhaps since there is not contract with Visible I will get a line and take it with me on the next trip before I commit moving my main number and family. 

Thanks again