New phone - international student

Hello!
I'm an international student from Brazil and I'll be studying in the US for the next 2 years. I need to get a new phone, because mine doesn't work with the service from here. I am considering getting one from Visible, but I'd like to keep it and take it with me to Brazil at the end of the 2 years. Does Visible let us pay what we owe in full at the end? And are their phones unlocked to use internationally after the 60 days?

2 REPLIES 2

If you are financing the device that is done through Affirm, you would have to contact them to find out about payments. It appears that you can finance for 24 months so depending on when you leave you might be close to finishing paying for it.

Visible's lock policy is they unlock after 60 days continuous service on the account it was purchased under.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

i donโ€™t think you would be qualified for affirm. Being a student without SSN. So if you could save cash and buy the device outright. 

I would recommend iPhone as they support global bands. Keep in mind that you need to activate the service with visible and keep it activated for minimum 60 days before network lock is removed.

Alternatively you could purchase used devices on eBay or any other Marketplace for slightly used phone according to your budget. 

or you could buy it directly from Apple.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.