Possible EIMI issue? No service and app says "this isn't the phone you started with"

ToeBeans
Novice

After porting my iPhone11 from Verizon, and removing the old sim card, following all instructions, the Visible app says "oops, this isn't the phone you started with, Please switch to this device to complete activation"  But it IS the right phone, and only phone I have. I get nowhere with the chat bot, and there doesn't seem to a way to talk to anybody.  

I do note that my phone settings now show one IMEI, labled "IMEI2", under the ESIM section, and a different IMEI under the "AVAILABLE SIM" section.  That 2nd number is the one it says I need to switch to, so maybe I was supposed to enter the ESIM IMEI2 earlier in the process?? If this is the case, any ideas how to correct this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ToeBeans
Novice

Problem has been resolved, thanks to customer service. 

When it asks you for the IEMI number of your phone, you have to give them the IEMI2 number, which is associated with the eSim, and NOT the IEMI number of your physical sim card.  The prompt was not very clear on that I think, and I entered the wrong one, and there was no way to fix that without their intervention. In my case, it just kept me going in circles answering the same 3 screen questions in an endless loop.

Also, I learned that when you are using the chat bot, after going through all their attempts to help you with the multiple choice prompts, if you get a chance to enter something, enter "live agent", and you'll get added to the queue.  It's the Easter Egg approach!?  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ToeBeans
Novice

Problem has been resolved, thanks to customer service. 

When it asks you for the IEMI number of your phone, you have to give them the IEMI2 number, which is associated with the eSim, and NOT the IEMI number of your physical sim card.  The prompt was not very clear on that I think, and I entered the wrong one, and there was no way to fix that without their intervention. In my case, it just kept me going in circles answering the same 3 screen questions in an endless loop.

Also, I learned that when you are using the chat bot, after going through all their attempts to help you with the multiple choice prompts, if you get a chance to enter something, enter "live agent", and you'll get added to the queue.  It's the Easter Egg approach!?