RCS Messaging on iPhone

elidavis256
Novice

I know that Visible has not officially launched RCS support for iPhone yet, but has there been any announcement on when that will occur? I am using the iOS 18 Beta 3 where they expanded availability for that service and would like to know when I can expect to take advantage of it.

8 REPLIES 8

.  It hasn't arrived according to Mac rumors.  Maybe next beta either this week or next.  The public beta should be coming soon based on prior years.

0b3l1sk
Novice

lol probably never, Verizon supports it but I wouldn’t expect it to fall to the budget carriers 

yodamuppet
Novice

I had a chat with a Visible rep about it and they wouldn’t even confirm if there were plans to support it. There are already other MVNOs that support it though. Mint Mobile, notably. 

I am not a tech savvy person but this really wouldn't have anything to do with Visible since they already support RCS. I think this is a problem with Apple and once they have it worked out with the iOS 18 update this fall it should work without Visible having to add anything. 

yodamuppet
Novice

Visible doesn’t support RCS across their network. RCS is dependent on carrier support. They’ve cherry picked devices to support it on. This is absolutely an issue with Visible, and Visible is falling short of even other MVNOs. For what it’s worth, I switched to AT&T yesterday after another abysmal interaction with Visible and I already have RCS working on my iPhone on the iOS 18 beta. 

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

Some discussion over at:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/1e4yk9i/for_those_wondering_about_rcs_on_iphone/

including feedback from VisibleCareSupport and MVNOResearch (a Visible employee)

This is a Visible issue.  They need to get it working!

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

Many reports of RCS being fixed with iOS Beta 4 as of about a week ago on the Visible subreddit (also fixes hotspot issue)