S10e BYOD Visual Voicemail not working. Formerly a Boost phone. Is flashing firmware a solution?

Ralphster
Novice

I have a BYOD S10e Model SM-G970U on Visible that was a former Boost phone. (Per the IMEI, this phone is listed as supported.) Everything works great except the Visual Voicemail, which I personally like. Because the phone was a former Boost Mobile phone, it has the Boost carrier package/firmware installed on the phone, and therefore the Boost version of Visual Voicemail.
Per Visible support team, this is what is preventing Visible from provisioning Visual Voicemail properly onto the phone. And since it cannot just be uninstalled as an app because it is part of the firmware, I am curious if anyone has flashed their firmware to get their Visual Voicemail working. I can easily find the Samsung Verizon version firmware on the Samsung website, but when I asked Visible support if flashing to a Verizon firmware would allow Visual Voicemail to work, they could not tell me. I also asked if the Visible firmware was available, as Visible used to sell the S10e in their online store. Support said it is not. Has anyone been able to get their Visual Voice Mail working on their BYOD via a firmware flash? If so, how did you do it? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there!

Thanks for raising this concern. Our Care team will be best able to assist you with your voicemail issue; please reach out by chatting on our site, tweeting @visiblecare or sending a DM to @Visible on Facebook.