App - "Update Required"

jakemjones
Novice

Each month I receive this message when trying to open the Visible app on my phone.
If I click the link to Update App I am taken to the Google Play Store. 

There is no "Update" option, just "Open".
If I click "Open" I am returned to the app which gives me the original message, "Update Required".
I like the service, but this app is killing me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JustDoIt
Intermediate II

I had the same issue.  I discovered that all the permissions were turned off on my Android phone.  So first uninstall the Visible app....then reinstall the app...then make sure the permissions setting is turn on (phone settings-apps-Visible-Permissions and Notifications).  You may not need to do it in that order but that worked for me.

-JustDoIt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JustDoIt
Intermediate II

I had the same issue.  I discovered that all the permissions were turned off on my Android phone.  So first uninstall the Visible app....then reinstall the app...then make sure the permissions setting is turn on (phone settings-apps-Visible-Permissions and Notifications).  You may not need to do it in that order but that worked for me.

-JustDoIt

Thanks.  This morning I was able to access the app after being prompted to login, just like previous months.  A few days after the beginning of the month I am able to login as though the app is newly installed on my phone (my renew date is the 20th, so don't think it is related).
I have updated my phone permissions for the app, so fingers crossed.