TCL 20 A 5g

smgrinus
Intermediate

The phone refuses to finish installing the latest software update 5E3Y claiming that the phone is in use when I'm not doing anything on it. There is no manual way to update it like some of their other phones using the USB mobile update tool on their website. Is anyone else with this phone encountering this problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. Absolutely terrible on both Visible and TCL's side. The phone refuses to update and is unusable as it constantly disconnects from wifi/Cell signal in both hotspot mode and as a phone. I've had to resort to going back to my iPhone 6S with a dying battery which is getting consistent down/up speeds and doesn't drop all the time. The worst purchase I've made in a really long time. I'm very disappointed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do you have any apps running in the background? If yes force stop that apps

smgrinus
Intermediate

Yep, it's the first thing I tried. Still nothing.

smgrinus
Intermediate

Ok, I'm getting really frustrated by all this. TCL website link is broken on Visible's website. The TCL 20 A 5g page tells you to update to the latest software yet I can't do so. The TCL website support tells you to download the mobile update tool which does not exist on their website or anywhere else.  Please someone at TCL or Visible help me out here.

I'm giving up on this phone. TCL has no manual way to update this phone and it refuses to update to the latest firmware version. I've tried everything and Visible tells you on the page to update to the latest version, but offers no resource to do so. 

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. Absolutely terrible on both Visible and TCL's side. The phone refuses to update and is unusable as it constantly disconnects from wifi/Cell signal in both hotspot mode and as a phone. I've had to resort to going back to my iPhone 6S with a dying battery which is getting consistent down/up speeds and doesn't drop all the time. The worst purchase I've made in a really long time. I'm very disappointed.