Voicemail Set up

EIC2019
Novice II

I just activated my visible account and i am trying to set up my voicemail on my Iphone 6splus but i keep getting the voicemail error please try again later has anyone had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @EIC2019 - I've had this issue before. What you can do as a first step is to make sure all is operating properly on Visible's end. If you reach out to them via the chat on Visible.com they can run a refresh on your voicemail and iron out any potential issues.

You also would want to make sure you're on the latest iOS if you haven't already - of course doing a network reset is also a last resort if those options don't help.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @EIC2019 - I've had this issue before. What you can do as a first step is to make sure all is operating properly on Visible's end. If you reach out to them via the chat on Visible.com they can run a refresh on your voicemail and iron out any potential issues.

You also would want to make sure you're on the latest iOS if you haven't already - of course doing a network reset is also a last resort if those options don't help.

Hope that helps!

devin37354
Intermediate III

At times, Visible VM is broken on some devices. 

1.) Do chat with Visible first, they can reset the visual voicemail on their end so that you can reactivate.  This might be all it needs

2.) Feedback for Visible: I've confirmed very recently that your service is no longer compatible with YouMail. Please fix this, it's on your end they say. I'd imagine due to conditional call FWD. This would allow folks who's VVM won't work on your service to use something similar

MoiraPrime
Novice III

Feel free to do the above, but also consider trying to call into Voicemail first and set it up that way. Sometimes that's enough for Visual Voicemail to start working. IDK how it works on iPhone, but on Android you open the keypad and hold down the key that has the voicemail symbol (Usually the 1 key) and that will call into voicemail which will prompt you to set a password and a greeting.

Doesn't work !!!

Open the 'Phone' app, look at the bottom where you'll see 'Favorites', 'Recents', 'Contacts' and 'Voicemail'. Select 'Voicemail' and turn on Visual Voicemail. This should prompt you to set your pin. This is what I had to do with my new phone/service. Dialing '1' did not work because it required a pin that I never created.

Limeyoknurse
Novice

Mine isn't working either, and I've been waiting for 4 hours to start a chat to try to fix it.  What was the fix with yours?  these message boards are useless if they don't include the fix for the problems as well. 

rkrugman
Novice

YES. PROBLEM IS THAT VISIBLE SUPPORT IS INVISIBLE. I HAVE SPENT HOURS WAITING ON CHATS AND TRYING TO SOLVE THIS RIDICULOUSLY SIMPLE PROBLEM OF ACTIVATING MY VOICEMAIL. IT'S NOT WORTH $30 A MONTH FOR SUCH CRUMMY SERVICE. I'D RATHER PAY VERIZON $100 A MONTH AND HAVE MY PHONE WORK.