RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Provide realistic updates on the status of Wear OS support instead of the typical deflecting scripted replies.

If you are going to offer eSIM for Apple Watch, then you need to offer it for Android's Wear OS, too.  Your parent company, Verizon, does so it's not a technical limitation.

Otherwise Android users feel like second class Visible citizens.

36 Comments
RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Bueller? Bueller?  Radio silence over here.

It has been right at 4 months since we heard from anyone at Visible with an update on this request.  As you can see, there are more and more users who have similar sentiments that we're the second-class citizens to a fruit.  We just want to be treated the same and offered the same options for our phones and smart watches.

LDH
Novice

I just ported my Samsung phone over from Verizon. I also have a Galaxy watch 5 which I assumed would work on this service.

I agree we should have status updates and an ETA. I will give you 6 months after that I'm gone!

peashow
Novice

Agreed. I am also in a situation in which I'll need to be making a decision on LTE or not for one, possibly two, Pixel watches. While I will likely choose the LTE version, it doesn't bode well that our current wireless provider does not support any wearables besides Apple products.

What's even more worrying, is that there doesn't even seem to be any indication that it will ever come. While a release date and beta would be great, how about confirming that support is actually coming at some point, any point, in the future? That way, we'll know to check back periodically to see if it's worth switching back to Visible from Google Fi.

We do like Visible, but unfortunately, the lack of device support may push us out the door by early next year.

Thanks!

Dmmrrn
Novice

Any updates here? I, too, would happily beta test if needed. Is something visible is *going to do*, or are we waiting indefinitely for a pretty basic cell provider service at this point?

katannman
Novice

I would like to purchase a Google Pixel watch w/4G Lte. If Visible does not support it, I will be dropping Visible, rather than purchasing an Apple watch. I don't appreciate the disrespect Visible has for non-iPhone/ Apple watch users. I have always been a Google/Android customer for my devices and very satisfied.  Since Visible is a Verizon program, I didn't realize this would be an issue and do not understand why all customers would not be supported equally.

Squirrel7700
Novice

@VisibleMgr any update on adding wear OS support?

PeterJay
Novice

There do not seem to be any updates on WearOS support. Still waiting patiently, so-to-speak, but my patience is growing thin.

droid4life
Novice

Update: there is no update. After talking to an agent, "Visible only supports Apple watches and we do not have an estimated timeframe on when Android watches will also be supported." Still no update? No beta testing? Nothing? Ridiculous! 

I was also told Visible is not yet fully part of Verizon's core network but will be made by the end of the year. Here's to hoping by then, I can come back from Google Fi to Visible as Wear OS will be supported. But as for now for me and my new Pixel watch, Im going to Fi.

MrMoo
Novice

Adding my support for this topic. It is especially relevant now since the Pixel Watch 2 will be releasing in Q4 of this year.

cmgamble
Novice

November 22, 2021 - YIKES. More than a year and a half since the question was asked? My confidence in Visible is taking a real hit when looking at that with realistic expectations.