Highest Speed?

Mountainman
Novice II

I am curious, what is the highest speed you have reached on Visible. If 5G, please specify.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @Mountainman - here's a cool thread with speediest information. @devin37354 was able to get 151 Down in Knoxville, TN on 5G, check it out! 🙂

https://community.visible.com/t5/More/Speed-Test-Thread/m-p/566

Alexandrite
Novice

On LTE, I’ve gotten 252 mbps down and 55.9 mbps up with my iPhone XR. There’s a tower around half a mile away from my house.

cconway09
Novice II

I’ve gotten 20 mbps down in my neighborhood. Which is about 20 mbps faster than my t-mobile service in my neighborhood. 

MoiraPrime
Novice III

While going down I-12 in Louisiana, I was getting 150 megabits down over LTE. While the status bar said "5G" it wasn't actually connected to 5G... so it was just really good Carrier Aggregation LTE.

CAZboy
Novice III

In the Prescott Arizona area, I've seen burning 5G download speeds of 1-2Mbps.

No, that's not a typo.

CAZboy
Novice III

In the Prescott, Arizona area the fastest 5G download speed I saw was 4Mbps.

No, that's not a typo.  5G service in the Prescott area sucks.  Not sure how they call it 5G.

bpositive
Intermediate III

I have got 189 Mbps with LTE. But at home it is usually 10/20 Mbps.

LTE and 5G speed are same right now. I don't see a lot of difference.

short4bmoney
Novice

Using Safari on iOS, navigating to fast.com, which I suspect to be uninhibited, I got 1.8Mbps up 9.8Mbps down. This was with full bars on a 5G indicated cellular connection.

This is not a typo. Very disappointing. Cheap and unlimited, but clearly in the slow lane down here in urban San Diego CA.