No service compared to Verizon.

Canubaru
Novice

Went out of town for the weekend with several other friends. They were all Verizon customers, I am with visible. Phone service was a little iffy in the mountains but the Verizon customers has texting service.

I had no service of any kind and missed multiple messages during the weekend that never reached me.

if visible is using the Verizon network, why did I not have service like the Verizon user did?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be the phones themselves. I'm not a tech person myself but have read that some phone will pull in the signal better than others. What phone do you have and what phones were your friends using? Maybe another user can help more than I can when it comes to phones but maybe would help to know what phones were being used. 

Edit: One thing I forgot to ask, are you still on the old Unlimited plan or one of the new plans? I am not sure if that would make a difference though.

InquisitiveOne
Novice II

Yes, Canubaru. I am curious too. Please provide us with more detailed information about your experience. Researching your plan type and phone model as well as your friends phones models could give insight to the root cause of the communication breakdown.

Are you on the new plan or the old one?  What phone do you have?  What phones do you're friends have?

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

There are multiple factors here.

Are you connected to 4G or 5G?

If you are on Visible+ then you should be on par with Verizon (with priority data and roaming)

If you are on Visible legacy plan or Visible plan for $25 then you don't have roaming and priority data.

Hope this helped you

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

InquisitiveOne
Novice II

Upstate-SC, did you just say no roaming on the Visible Standard Plan?  Somehow I missed that!  I did notice where the Plus Plan has roaming to Canada and Mexico, however that is the only mention of "Roaming" that I see. So are you saying that another bonus on the Plus plan is having the ability to use other Non-Verizon carrier's towers for "Roaming" throughout the United States, where as the Standard plan does not include domestic roaming? Please elaborate. Thank You.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried looking for it but the basic plan is supposed to have domestic roaming. You also need to make sure it is enabled on your device.

This is all I could fine on a quick search:

Domestic Roaming. See www.visible.com/help for information on domestic roaming. Domestic data roaming is at 2G speeds and only available in select areas on the Visible, Visible+ and Wearable plans. Visible does not support permanent or long-term domestic roaming (including calling, texting, data)