Verizon's Data Priority Levels Explained

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I found this article informative. There is a high cell traffic area we visit between 2 interstates and regional mall where we have 5 bars, but little to no data usage. Siri canโ€™t even tell me what the outside temp is. Wife is staying with Verizon until retired.

โ€Visible data is also at QCI 9. And, since Visible sends all their traffic through two data centers located in Colorado and New Jersey, their data also has higher pings than normal Verizon data. The higher ping times can cause apps, games, and websites to feel slightly slower due to the increased latency, even if the data speeds are fast.โ€

https://www.bestphoneplans.net/news/data-priority

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

My iPhone SE 2022 arrived yesterday. With the help of Visible support we were able to transfer my number with ease. They asked for the new IMEI2. I was using an eSIM in my iPhone 11 and new iPhone SE.

The 5G service did not fix the low to no data service in our ultra congested metro cell area.

Oh well, for $25 per month I can live with that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I have an iPhone 11 which is 4G LTE only. Iโ€™m in the process of ordering an iPhone SE 2022 model which is 5G.

Iโ€™ll post the test results of the new SE in the same 5 bar area to see how the data is verses the iPhone 11 in the next few days.

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

My iPhone SE 2022 arrived yesterday. With the help of Visible support we were able to transfer my number with ease. They asked for the new IMEI2. I was using an eSIM in my iPhone 11 and new iPhone SE.

The 5G service did not fix the low to no data service in our ultra congested metro cell area.

Oh well, for $25 per month I can live with that.