Coverage indoors

turtlebud
Novice II

Coverage indoors seems to struggle - definitely more than when I was with Verizon.  Any ideas why?  Or more importantly, is there anything that we can do to improve it?

When I'm connect to wifi, it's no problem, but when our wifi goes out and I need to use my visible connection, I have to either go outdoors close to the windows to get decent signal strength/data.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @turtlebud - I'm so sorry you're running into issues with that. One option is to have a Visible tech send an update to your SIM card which can help your sim connect to a different tower and improve signal

You can send a direct message to Visible support so that you can get taken care of using @VisibleCare on Twitter, using the chat on Visible.com or sending them a message on Facebook Messenger... 

As a side note there are also plans to add additional nodes this year to decrease of network latency to improve service in Western and Southern parts of the country- which could help if you are in those areas. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

devin37354
Intermediate III

@turtlebud this is known as building penetration. Very common in cities and government buildings such as schools due to the thick walls and concrete used to build buildings of this type. Some bands have more issues than others penetrating buildings.  A lot of carriers are rolling out certain bands of 5g to help this issue. 

Visible doesn't get to use some of the legacy Verizon bands and this is likely why you are having more issues than Verizon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Brianb
Novice II

I have the same problem so it's not just you. I thought a out getting a booster but my apartment is small so I'm unable to get the distance between antennas

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @turtlebud - I'm so sorry you're running into issues with that. One option is to have a Visible tech send an update to your SIM card which can help your sim connect to a different tower and improve signal

You can send a direct message to Visible support so that you can get taken care of using @VisibleCare on Twitter, using the chat on Visible.com or sending them a message on Facebook Messenger... 

As a side note there are also plans to add additional nodes this year to decrease of network latency to improve service in Western and Southern parts of the country- which could help if you are in those areas. ๐Ÿ™‚

turtlebud
Novice II

Thanks @frugalfamily, I'll contact support and try that.

devin37354
Intermediate III

@turtlebud this is known as building penetration. Very common in cities and government buildings such as schools due to the thick walls and concrete used to build buildings of this type. Some bands have more issues than others penetrating buildings.  A lot of carriers are rolling out certain bands of 5g to help this issue. 

Visible doesn't get to use some of the legacy Verizon bands and this is likely why you are having more issues than Verizon

Very true about the building penetration. Also large building between you and the tower can cause issues. Even trees and bodies of water reflecting the signal. I used to live in a log home with a metal roof. That house was almost impossible to get a signal in. 

marciano
Intermediate

Your experience makes me wonder what mine will be like.  After the pandemic, I will be spending most of my time in my local library, like pre-pandemic.  When I activated my service with Visible that day, I especially went to the exterior of that library to test the signal strength.  It was OK.  Because the library was closed due to the pandemic, there was no way I could go inside to test the signal strength.  Once again, your experience makes me wonder what mine will be like.  Right now, I am using Visible in my van, outdoors, in other words.  Not the fastest internet I've ever used, but completely usable.

EDIT: when I was with Verizon, the signal was OK in most parts inside the library.

Hopefully Visible will be fine then ๐Ÿ™‚ fingers crossed!