No coverage

Jsplain
Novice

I was previously a Verizon customer and had ok coverage when traveling. I switched to Visible a few months ago and have many areas where I now have ZERO coverage in the same area.

if the towers are the same, why the poor coverage?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there!

Thanks for raising this concern. Our technology is on the Verizon network, yes, but our service doesn't move with them. Visible only runs on Verizon's 4G LTE and 5G networks. If you're in an area that only supports 3G or any other network under 4G, then you may experience times of little to no service. Here is the link to the coverage map https://www.visible.com/plan/coverage/, so that you can check any specific locations.

harrycu
Novice II

Your coverage map shows 4G coverage in my area, but if I'm lucky and on a good day I have 1 bar of cellular service.

WRBarber
Novice

Does anyone know the coverage in Long Caynon, Woodranch simi valley?

mikecantdrive55
Novice II

Experienced similar issues going through central OK. Verizon map showed coverage, Visible showed some big holes. Guess that is why we pay lower fees. I don't travel a bunch so just a minor inconvenience. Visible is still worth it, but I can see if you travel frequently this might not be the best option for a service provider.

jjjjacob
Novice

No coverage at all for about 50 to 60+ miles between Tulsa, OK and Hot Springs, AR.  Not even a blip.  Completely no coverage whatsoever in or around Muskogee, OK.  This is a fairly large town to not be covered.  These are all areas which are indicated to have good 4g and some 5g coverage.  The map is simply incorrect.  Even deceptively incorrect.  I was riding in the vehicle with 2 Verizon provisioned phones that both had a signal that correlated with the Visible coverage map while my Visible phone had nothing.  Seriously, no service available to refresh my routing and maps for over an hour of driving.  It's not the terrain.  Perhaps there are issues with the Verizon tower provisioning in this area.  Ideally, fix this, but a the least, update the map to be honest.

cjltech
Novice

My spouse and I just went on vacation to the red river gorge near Slade Kentucky.    My spouse is still on Verizon post paid plan, while I'm on Visible with the same model phone.  I lost coverage about 10 miles after going south from interstate 64 and cold only get a single bar back in one area at our hotel.  My wife had 4G and 5G coverage almost everywhere we went.  While my phone showed no service and emergency calling only, I was able to still stream music from several music apps, spotify, intune, etc. even with "no service".  I was ready to move her and other family members over to Visible until I observed this drastic difference in service.  Restarting my phone several times in different locations, like on top of a ridge where she had 4 bars made no difference.  I still had "no service" but could stream music.  Even while in at least one 5G area, she had great 5G signal and I still had "no service" until we drove to points north back up to i64.