Number lock

Mfpdt52
Novice II

Does visible offer number lock protection? If so, how do I access it?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I don't believe so. Been with them 3 years and never saw it mentioned anywhere. Look on your account under privacy and security, I don't recall seeing it on there but that is likely where it would be at if Visible offered it.

View solution in original post

ConcernedCustom
Novice III

They released the feature this week. They call it Line Lock. It's under Privacy and Security in your account.

Mfpdt52
Novice II

Thanks for letting me know.  I turned on line lock just now!

8 REPLIES 8

I don't believe so. Been with them 3 years and never saw it mentioned anywhere. Look on your account under privacy and security, I don't recall seeing it on there but that is likely where it would be at if Visible offered it.

Please search the feedback forum and โ€œlikeโ€ the feedback I added. Search for โ€œnumberlockโ€ and you should find it. Basically, I request Visible to add this feature because itโ€™s important to prevent hackers and criminals from sim swapping our phone lines. 

Not sure why you replied to me as I am not the one looking for it and could care less about it.

Also, a like or kudo does absolutely nothing as far as it going anywhere with Visible, a kudo only give you a thumbs up.

Mfpdt52
Novice II

Thanks for your answer.  It would be a great security enhancement.  Hopefully Visible will one day provide this option.

tina99
Novice

This would be an excellent security enhancement! I hope they add it soon.

leoclin
Novice

I spent an hour on chat support trying to find "Manage Number Security" under Account Security, but all that's available was "Manage Trusted Devices".  The support technician was sure there was a number freeze option and asked me to try both my phone app and via a browser on my computer.  After escalating to a higher support level, I heard back that the option was not available.  They will send me an e-mail when it becomes available.    

I know they have different features available on iOS and Android.  So maybe it's not available yet on Android phones - I have a Galaxy S22+.   Has anyone with an iPhone tried?

ConcernedCustom
Novice III

They released the feature this week. They call it Line Lock. It's under Privacy and Security in your account.

Mfpdt52
Novice II

Thanks for letting me know.  I turned on line lock just now!