Porting from AT&T

stevendlee770
Novice

I am using the App to port my number from AT&T. I received the temporary Number Transfer PIN from AT&T. I enter all the info, hit Confirm but the Current Carrier of AT&T turns red and says select a carrier.

6 REPLIES 6

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Rule of thumb is to not cancel the current service until port is complete/successful.

Did you cancel the service before the port is complete/successful?

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

rgv
Novice

I am having this same issue.  Did you find a solution?

rgv
Novice

I am having the exact same issue.  I did not cancel service with ATT yet, confirmed all the information entered was accurate and still get the Select a Carrier error message.

@stevendlee770 Did you find a solution?

Yes, I used the chat and requested to chat with a live person. The Visible individual helped me successfully port my number, but then I could receive texts and calls but couldnโ€™t send texts or make calls. My issue was that the Visible person stated it didnโ€™t matter whether I left the pSIM card installed since Visible was using the eSIM card. That was incorrect. The pSIM card had to be removed and they reprogrammed the eSIM card again. The key is to chat with a live person, but allow at least 45 minutes to resolve it when you are connected. Also, contact them on a computer or another phone and not the phone that you are trying to resolve the issue on. Good luck!

cnbethu
Novice

Had the same issue and was told to select other as my carrier (instead of att) and still confirm. Worked like a charm. 

cnbethu
Novice

I had the same issue and was told to choose other as my carrier (instead of att) and confirm although it said Verizon was my carrier. Worked to port my number.