Visual voicemail not supported?

Kimbo
Novice II

After switching to Visible I have discovered that my visual voicemail, and any notifications that I have received a voicemail have disappeared from my Samsung S20 Ultra. 

After contacting support, they have told me:

"...we have determined that the Visual Voicemail for your device is not compatible to work with Visible. We ask now that you please Dial *86 to check your incoming Voicemail messages."

Can this be correct? I find it hard to understand how my family's other devices, a Samsung S10 and a Oneplus 8T don't have any problems. 

TIA for any help or suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kimbo
Novice II

Thanks to @GreenSub for his voicemail fix from another thread! Anyone else having this issue on a Samsung can try this:

Go to Settings - Apps - Voicemail - Storage - Clear Data

Then Open Voice Mail and go through the prompts .

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

If the customer care can't help you there is nothing what to do about it you'll just have to port out your number if a voicemail is so important to you, you have to remember that the visible customer care don't have any tools to fix problems they can only provide information I don't know why it's like this I hope they're going to do something more but as of now they cannot really resolve problems

Kimbo
Novice II

Thanks to @GreenSub for his voicemail fix from another thread! Anyone else having this issue on a Samsung can try this:

Go to Settings - Apps - Voicemail - Storage - Clear Data

Then Open Voice Mail and go through the prompts .

This "fix" doesn't work for me. The "Clear Data" option is grayed out. The only option is "Clear Cache." I did that and still no voicemail notification. The only notification is "Missed Call." What is going on? So annoying. I checked the notifications in Voicemail and they're set to show alerts (not silent). If this is a Visible issue, they need to fix the bug! I have a Samsung 21 Ultra.

Is your Visual Voicemail icon green or blue?
Iโ€™m pretty sure the blue one is an older version.

The SIM probably comes from a different phone and you poped it in, into your new phone that's why you're having issues 

I have regular voicemail through Visible (*86)  - I don't use visual voicemail. I used to get notifications last year soon after I started using Visible but sometime over the last several months, it quit working.

You could also call your voicemail by pressing and holding '1' in phone keypad 

This worked for me! I thought it would delete my vvm inbox but it didn't. Everything was restored and it's working again. Thanks!

This will only work if visual voicemail is already set up. If not you wonโ€™t have those thread options

seeshai
Novice II

You can chat with customer service and they can reset your voicemail and like magic, your visual voicemail will come back. 

Iโ€™ve spent 2 hours doing this to no avail. They said they donโ€™t support visual voicemail but some customers are able to get it