ZTE Blade A3 doesn't support multiple devices on visible +

Libvise
Novice

Hello

I have been a visible customer for more than three years. I have had every variety of plan: legacy. basic, + 1.0 and now + 2.0.

I have a ZTE Blade A3Y, (Y as in Yahoo!, but it's the same with my A3 Primes). I think that the single device hotspot limitation is built into the phone.

I'm paying for a plan that allows multiple devices, it would be great if I could use more than one device on my WiFi WITHOUT buying a new phone.

(I am NOT! buying a new phone in the foreseeable future, I want to emphasize that.)

Can anyone tell me how to remove this limitation?

Best regards

Libvise

5 REPLIES 5

I know nothing about the ZTE phones but my Motorola phone had a device limit setting. Maybe check your phone to see if it has something similar. My Motorola phone had 1 device limit set as default and I had to change it to a higher number to get more than one device connected. Look in settings under hotspot and tethering and look for device limit or settings.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in my problem. My ZTE doesn't even have a setting for device limit. (I'm hoping Visible reads my post.)

Thanks again

Libvise

No one from Visible is going to see this, they don't visit these pages, if they do it would be rare.

My current phone doesn't have that setting but does automatically connect to more than one device. I would have thought it would have a setting for the number of devices it can have connected.

I know this was an issue with iPhone's until the recent iOS 18 was implemented. Androids were always able to connect to more than one device. I don't think this would be a Visible thing but more like a phone thing. Not much Visible can do if the device limit is built into the phone. 

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

You cannot modify hardware limitations. 
Technically you could buy a travel WiFi router (GLiNet brand) connect the visible device through cable and do internet tethering. But 5mbps cap applicable. You can then connect other devices to the connected router. 

P.S: I havenโ€™t tested this particularly but technically this should work.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in my problem. I'm tethering to my laptop now. My problem is I can't easily use my phone because of the wire. 

Thanks again

Libvise (it's an anagram)