I had to switch to a different number today

firefox
Intermediate II

Today, I asked Visible to change my number. The number that I selected when I signed up turned out to be a number owned by a lady a month or so ago. She said that that number all of a sudden was removed from her account without her knowledge. The person who did that was probably a scammer. And then she started receiving calls from bill collectors. (There is a term for phone number snatching, I just can't recall). Anyway, she kept leaving an angry voicemail on my newly activated Visible phone threatening to sue for "fraud and theft"! So, I asked Visible to replace the number and within 3 hours of the off and on chat (it could have been done faster with live phone call), I got a new number. Note that I had to cancel the cancellation request of my account so the agent can re-assign a new number. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to cancel my Visible account - I don't want to be involved in a litigation that the lady may pursue now that the number is/was active again. The other reason is the ongoing issue of only one hotspot device can connect to a Visible+ hotspot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

firefox
Intermediate II

Update:  Visible fixed my issue of having only one device can connect to hotspot at a time. Iโ€™m happy now. They chaned my number and now I have a hotspot for multiple device simultaneously. Go let all iPhone users know โ€ฆ.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

As far as the only 1 device on the hot spot, that is a glitch by Visible. Chat with customer service, they will reprovision the line.

You are not responsible for the number mix up, she cannot sue you, forget it.

my best friend has this issue they still haven't fixed yet.  over a month and counting.

I chatted with VisibleCareSupport at Reddit for 5 days and no resolution. I like the number that they re-assigned to me so I will port this number to some other carrier - prepaid, that is.

I'm surprised that there are no Visible employees interacting with posts in this community. They prefer to interact with customers over at Reddit.  I don't like their Chat on Visible because it is hosted by an inexperienced robot.

firefox
Intermediate II

Update:  Visible fixed my issue of having only one device can connect to hotspot at a time. Iโ€™m happy now. They chaned my number and now I have a hotspot for multiple device simultaneously. Go let all iPhone users know โ€ฆ.