Posts with new updates do not bubble up to the top

dugiehowsa
Novice III

This community is very hard to use as topics with new comments do not bubble up to the top.  Posts can only be sorted based on how new the first post in a thread is.  Other forums sort discussions by having those with the most recent posts or replies stay at the top.  This allows for more active discussions on older posts without having to scroll down.  The way the posts are organized now, there is no way to tell which posts have recent replies and which posts only have older replies.

6 REPLIES 6

bpositive
Intermediate III

Mine is working when I sort with newest to oldest. 

devin37354
Intermediate III

Yes, all depends on how you sort 🙂

stang67671
Intermediate II

There is an option on how you sort

dugiehowsa
Novice III

This is unusual.  This is not working for me.  I have sort set to "Most Recent".  I have replied to 2 posts this morning, and they have not bubbled to the top.

Why would they bubble to the top if a post was put on 2 months ago or whenever. The sort is designed newest topic first or oldest topic first not newest reply first. If it was set up that way too many people should be commenting on their own post such as party posts just to keep them on top. It’s bad enough that people comment on their own posts and accept it as a solution. As I said in another posts after so many days the posts should be removed to clear the congestion on the boards.

dugiehowsa
Novice III

I see it a different way.  If I am looking for a solution to a problem I am having, I want to see the posts that have the most active discussion.  It does not help me when there a bunch of newer stale posts at the top of the forum, but posts with active, ongoing discussions are buried towards the bottom.

I stay out of the Party section of the forum as I have no interest in that topic.  But when I want to discuss topics such as network coverage and phone features, active discussions get buried and are harder to find.

I want to sat almost every other forum I participate in bubbles threads to the top that have the most recent activity.