Visible sent a second phone by mistake

Eddieblue7
Novice

I have been a visible customer for some time now. I got my wife to switch from a different carrier to Visible. I ordered a phone for her through Visible. I attempted to purchase the phone 3 separate times in "cart checkout" but my bank declined due to suspicious activity from unknown merchant. I was finally able to buy the phone and plan after contacting my bank/card services. My wife received her phone back in January. Today I was delivered a second phone. I went to live chat and spoke with someone about it. I asked what I should do. They did not have an answer. When I gave the original order number, the chat agent gave me the tracking number. I entered it on Fed Ex and it showed the original one delivered, and a second one delayed. I spoke to delivery guy on my camera and he said he was going to leave it at a pickup spot.  I asked the chat agent if I should keep it, to which they replied "You could do that ". I do not want to commit a crime. What am I supposed to do?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to take a look at your bank statement as there may be a good chance you actually paid for it. If not then for me personally the right thing to do would be to send it back but that would be your choice. I would just send them a message via Facebook messenger and ask for a return shipment label if they want it back. Also, the phone would be locked to Visible until it is put into service for 2 months before it will be unlocked.

Eddieblue7
Novice

Come to find out, I jumped the gun. When I was able to open the package, it was not a phone at all. Evidently, the box was reused to ship another item, and the wrong label was scanned. Thank you for your reply! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the box empty?

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

You could donate the item to charity if you donโ€™t like to keep it.

most items that are shipped and not delivered are marked lost and insurance is claimed I think. This is common among Shipping companies.

or you could pay postage out of your own pocket to return the items to Visible. Your choice.

This is not a legal advice or anything. Just my thoughts.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.