"Unfortunately, we're not compatible at this time." Moto G Power (2021)

Charlie
Novice

I am interested in transferring my # and phone from Verizon to Visible but when I put the IMEI # in it says "Unfortunately, we're not compatible at this time." The phone is a 2021 Motorola G Power that I bought at best buy last year in cash unlocked and had added to a family plan at a verizon store. On the Visible site it says they can sell me the 2022 version of the same phone that is compatible. Is this correct or is it because this current phone is still on a verizon plan? Thanks for any help you can give.

6 REPLIES 6

Michmal1996
Novice

I am having the similar problem with the same phone, except I transferred during party pay and now it's saying my phone will not be compatible with the new plans. It was compatible during party pay and, for some reason, its no longer compatible with the upcoming new plans. I also purchased my phone unlocked from Best Buy, joined Verizon Family Plan and then transferred to visible.

AmishFury
Novice III

Have you tried putting your IMEI into other carriers like Cricket, be just to check compatibility. Maybe it wasn't truly unlocked. Just a thought. I stay away from Motorola phones for one simple fact. They don't provide many OS upgrades, which can be limiting. Example, the 2022 Motorola phones so with Android 11 but only offer and upgrade to 12. My pixel 6 just upgraded to 13. So even their new phone are behind. Not that this is a really good reason for a carrier to not support a phone, but a thought.  I am not sure what distinguishes a compatible phone for visible. 

natalieg
Novice

Your phone is "not compatible at this time" because Visible blacklisted it this year after they stopped selling the Moto G Power (2021) and started selling the functionally identical Moto G Power (2022).

Visible is simply checking the IMEI to see if the model is on their whitelist. (A very short list indeed.) If it's whitelisted, they send you to https://www.visible.com/compatibility-locked ("Boom. Your phone is compatible. Is your phone paid off and unlocked from your carrier?") which sports a pair of idjot buttons - click "Yes" to see "buy SIM now", "No" for "pay off the phone first, duh".

I bought a Moto G Power (2021) from Visible itself a year ago. Today it's "not compatible at this time" even though it's still working on Visible. However, this guy's Moto G Power (2021), also from Visible,  was blacklisted after he replaced the SIM card on the advice of Visible ("Sorry, sucks to be you" they said, and sold him a new phone), and if you check a Moto G Power (2022) or a Moto G Pure IMEI you'll find that both are "not compatible at this time" even though Visible currently sells both phones and both work just fine on parent Verizon.

Basically, Visible is committed to Pixel and iPhone. Others, not so much. Also FYI, it took me a week back and forth with Visible to get voice service after receiving my phone+SIM from them. Visible blamed Verizon, Verizon blamed Visible, then one morning the phone was automagically acceptable to the network. ("Sorry, sucks to be you.")

Yes!! I am so upset! Just bought a moto g power 2021 from best buy. It came with a free month of visible. I was excited to try because I am looking to switch from mint. Well surprise surprise the phone is now not compatible!?? And my mint service ends tomorrow. Looks like I'm staying with mint! Hearing that visible does this kind of thing already put me off. Now I have to contact best buy....

@nataliegwrote:
Your phone is "not compatible at this time" because Visible blacklisted it this year ...

Visible is simply checking the IMEI to see if the model is on their whitelist. (A very short list indeed.) If it's whitelisted, they send you to https://www.visible.com/compatibility-locked ("Boom. Your phone is compatible. Is your phone paid of...

I bought a Moto G Power (2021) from Visible itself a year ago. Today it's "not compatible at this time" even though it's still working on Visible. However, this guy's Moto G Power (2021), also from Visible, was blacklisted after he replaced the SIM card on...

Basically, Visible is committed to Pixel and iPhone. Others, not so much. Also FYI, it took me a week back and forth with Visible to get voice service after receiving my phone+SIM from them. Visible blamed Verizon, Verizon blamed Visible, then one morning the phone was automagically acceptable to the network. ("Sorry, sucks to be you.")

This is infuriating!! Has anyone been able to use their 2021 Moto? I literally just bought one from Best buy and it came with a SIM card and a free month of visible. I put the SIM card in went on to the visible page typed in the IMEI number and it tells me my phone is not compatible! What the heck? I literally bought it from Best buy with a free month of visible service! My service through mint is out today and I was counting on being able to switch. Looks like I'm going back to straight talk.. what a joke! Honestly I don't want to be forced to upgrade my phone every year because suddenly visible decides to say it's not compatible when it works on any other carrier and is a relatively new phone. Really puts a bad taste in my mouth for the company..

@natalieg

wizzard1222
Novice

I get the same for Moto Z3....and I am currently on Bus. Verizon service....fully compatible at 4G...but not compatible to Verizon Visible 4G....Really...

I think it is Verizon's plan to keep older androids off their system to keep customer support potential issues to a minimum...but it is BS....!