2023 Moto G Power 5g

jennfier
Novice

Will the new Moto G Power 5g be compatible now with visible as a bring your own phone or should I wait awhile?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

After talking with Motorola customer service they make models specifically for Visible. If you buy that phone from Motorola or from another carrier it won't be the same model number as the one sold from Visible(when they become available). It is doubtful it will pass the IMEI compatibility checker if it isn't bought from Visible. Will the phone work if bought from somewhere other Visible? It probably will without issue.

The conversation I had with Motorola was about a Motorola G Stylus 5G but from that conversation I would assume it goes for all models that they make are made or programmed for specific carriers.

MamaCat
Novice

I purchased a Moto G Power 2023 (unlocked, Verizon compatible) from Motorola this week. It does not pass the IMEI checker for Visible. My current phone is also a Moto G Power but purchased from Best Buy 2yrs ago and it has been compatible until now that I'm trying to upgrade to the new network. I spoke with Visible support today and they don't know if or when the new phone could be added to the compatible list. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because the the model Verizon sells(this includes other carriers even buying unlocked direct from Motorola) will have a different model number than the one that Visible will sell when they become available for them to sell. Apparently they are programmed differently for Verizon, Visible and other carriers that ask for specific software/firmware to be programmed into the phones. As for Visible adding that 2023 phone to the IMEI database will likely never happen. I had the same problem since last fall with a Motorola G Power 2021 not being compatible with the new plan, bought a 2022 G Power to be compatible, decided when I got the new SIM card in February to put it in the 2021 noncompatible phone to see if it would activate and it did without issue. That 2021 model I was told different things in conversations with customer service, one was it does not have the right technology which was false, was told that they were moving as many phones as possible from the old list to the new as fast as they could. That was 6 months ago and last I checked it still showed not compatible. 

Motorola phones are now at the bottom of my list when I need a new android phone. Google Pixel will be my next phone when I need one as it seems those phones can be bought unlocked from anywhere and should pass the checker without issue and they get 4 OS updates and 5 years of security updates where Motorola gets 1 OS and 2 years of updates.

Godsdale
Novice

My Motorola Moto G Power 5G is compatible with Visible and I just did a check on it with the IMEI Number