Activating Vsble on existing phone - validation email not received

niceiam
Novice

I've received my Vsble SIM, but I've not been able to receive the validation email.  I've resent several times but email not coming.  I've checked spam folders and have restarted phone too.  I have received email from the Vsble Community.  Email address for my community account is same one I used for my Vsble account.

I did send email to the customer support with the suggested subject, though other than an acknowledgement email last week, I've not seen any other follow-up.  What do I need to do to complete the activation?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure about a validation email, I don't remember getting one myself. Follow the instructions on the app. You need to be connected to wi-fi. Make sure you phone is updated to the latest version, also make sure the app is updated.

Here is a link to the instructions https://www.visible.com/help/how-to-insert-sim-card

niceiam
Novice

Skibik, Thanks for the reply, but I have no issue replacing the SIM.  My issue is that there's a checklist on the app for validation of email that must be checked before I can activate my existing phone on Visible.  There's a resend email button, but I've done several times but email not being received.  THe email I've used is same as the one for the community (and I am receiving emails sent from community).

niceiam
Novice

Think I'm past this now.  I originally set up my Vsble account (for phone) using an email address with a .net suffix.  But resend email wasn't working.  So I changed to an email that has .com.  And send email then worked and I received the email.  After confirming, I went into the App and the Validate Email button was now checked so I could go on to the activation step.  

now on to placing/receiving calls.  

URMyBudE
Novice

I had the same problem.  It appeared that the validation emails were not being recieved, but I was getting a "email sent" message in the Visible app and also from their website when logged in.  I discovered that my ISP (email carrier) was filtering the validation emails as spam, so they were being diverted to the spam folder in my web mail account.  Since I also use a client-based mail application (Outlook 2016) to connect to the incoming mail server, the validation emails were not downloading into Outlook 2016 inbox, nor were they showing up in the Outlook 2016 junk folder.  The solution was to use my web mail account and move the validation emails to the inbox, then copying the link provided in the validation email and pasting in the browser URL or address field.  I should also note that I had been receiving other email traffic from Visible in Outlook 2016; only the validation emails were diverted as spam.

lrogers20
Novice II

I had the same problem. Visible had me set through 3 Reps asking the same thing several times, spending several hours to no dismay, and to eventually cut me off.  Decided to copy the line at the top and post it here, to see if anyone else was having the same problem. Thanks to URMyBudE!  I never thought the Email Verification would go to my Spam/Junkmail Email Folder, since all the other Emails I received from Visible during the sign-up process, came to my regular email INBOX. There seems to be a glitch in Visible's software, that they haven't even begin to discover. I can't imagine the time and headaches Visible's Reps and its customers could save, if they would just fix their software glitches. The old Email Verifications in my Spam folder were expired, so I tagged my most recent Visible email in my spam folder as "Not Spam", then went back to the Visible website, and clicked to "RESEND" the Email Verification form. Then checked my regular email INBOX and clicked on the new Email Verification line, and my Email Address at Visible was finally Verified. If it's still not showing up in your regular email INBOX, check your Spam/Junkmail folder again. If there move the email verification email to your regular email INBOX , as suggested by URMyBudE