***Advice for returning from overseas with deactivated sim***

craftyone
Novice II

Been overseas 6 months and had to deactivate my service.

I want to return to Visible upon arrival to the states.

Can I use the old sim and reactivate with a new number?

If yes, how do I do it or is it possible to do on the app when I get to the airport on wifi?

Thanks!!

PS looks like so much ha changed with the new plans lol.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beav
Superuser
Superuser

Great question. I would contact support to find out what your options are.

My guess is, more than a month or two without service, you should choose a different email address than you used before and sign up for a new account with Visible.

If you take your service down again, and want to keep the number, consider porting your number to a place like https://www.numberbarn.com/. It works like "parking garage" for cell phone numbers. It is not free, but a nominal charge.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

beav
Superuser
Superuser

Great question. I would contact support to find out what your options are.

My guess is, more than a month or two without service, you should choose a different email address than you used before and sign up for a new account with Visible.

If you take your service down again, and want to keep the number, consider porting your number to a place like https://www.numberbarn.com/. It works like "parking garage" for cell phone numbers. It is not free, but a nominal charge.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

53R03
Novice

You know craftiness, with a little bit of patience you can hold onto your lines number. By going though the process of ordering another Physical Sim (P-Sim) you will be able to keep your old number so long as you are using an up to date device as far as hardware and installed visible applications are concerned. 
An E-Sim may very well offer the same opportunity if you have a modern enough device. 
Warm Welcome back home.