Attention Teachers

lawnarjax
Novice II

My wife is a teacher, going on 10 years. Teachers don't get paid well, but sometimes they get good discounts.  Recently we came across a discount for our favorite wireless carrier Visible on the IDme.com shop.  IDme is a identity verification service that a bunch of companies use, even the IRS.  Apparently they maintain a shop that has discounts on various services.  Very clearly Visible advertises a discount for teachers there.  When attempting to get this discount applied at the visible site there was no information online about it.  We chatted with an agent who flatly told us that Visible did not have discounts.  We provided the information about their own ad and the story changed.  There is a teacher discount, but there is a catch. Its for new accounts only.  So if you are a current visible customer, and you are a teacher please tale a moment to chat with visible about this policy.  Seems to not really be in the spirit of appreciation for teachers.  

3 REPLIES 3

lawnarjax
Novice II

Web site for the proof. To be fair the disclosure says that "when you sign up" but really visible, you are going to cut out all the rest of our teachers that take care of your kids all day?

https://shop.id.me/stores/9847-visible-wireless

lawnarjax
Novice II

AND they have the same discount for military, first responders, health care pros, nurses.  But only if you happened to get signed up thorough that site, if you did not you don't get the discount, not nice.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

If Visible does not advertise it on their website they won't honor it. I have tried some of those coupon and discount sites and they never work for me. Usually the codes I have ever gotten have always been listed on the front page of the site also so I never bother looking for those coupon and code deals anymore. I know Verizon(which owns Visible) has some of those discounts but of course it costs more for plans their also.

If you want discounts try putting our your friends and family code on social media. It doesn't have to be friends or family that uses it. I was putting mine on the Savings Spot forum here but so many are doing it now but mine has been picked up now and then as I had 12(max) as of the last billing cycle, 11 now. Those F&F credits are worth $20 each billing cycle. I am still on the old plan and paying $5 a month for my phone service, $10 once I switch to the new lower priced plan.