Cannot receive calls

cImani1992
Novice

So, after updating my plan to the $30/month, I am unable to receive phone calls. Is there actually a SIM card coming? 

22 REPLIES 22

logantrky
Novice III

There are A LOT of people experiencing this right now including me. So frustrating. 

IMF
Novice III

Same problem here. Ported a number in from another carrier to a new iPhone 14 purchased on Visible. Phone can make calls, and they use the ported number. The phone can receive texts sent to the ported number, but calling the number gets a recorded "call cannot be completed at this time. Went through the long wait for chat twice. Agent redownloaded sim then left me with instructions to remove all plans in Settings:Cellular. Then reactivate via Visible app. There was no such option in Settings. Left high and dry and at the back of the queue! 

Same here!

IMF
Novice III

Now two eSIMs in settings with the same number. 

I am in the same boat. Except I have been unable to get anyone on chat. 

This is crazy 

IMF
Novice III

Just reading through the many similar posts on here. Phone service 101: Make and receive phone calls.

thesot
Novice III

Ported my number to Visible a month ago, no problems.  Ported my wife's phone tonight, can't receive calls either.  Data works, can send and receive texts, can make calls.  But can't receive them.  Very frustrating!  Problem with these discount phone services- their customer support is awful!

thesot
Novice III

Having the same issue.  Ported my number to Visible and month ago and have no problems with that line.  Ported my wife's number tonight, can't receive calls.  Can make them, can send and receive texts, and data works.  Just can't receive them.  Downside of these bargain cell phone companies, there's awful customer support when things go wrong!

beye1850
Novice

Same problem, if someone figures it out please post the solution!

Cannot receive calls either.  What is with this company?

IMF
Novice III

Tried working this through while waiting in chat queue. The capability to reinstall the esim is there from the app without needing customer service.

Cleared out all previous esims in Settings:Cellular.
In the Visible app "Your phone number is": shows my ported number.
Followed through everything from after pressing "Switch now".
Rebooted phone.
Same problem, can't receive calls.

Though it's bugging us as customers this isn't really an individual customer support issue. There's something fundamental that's wrong at the back end. Poster on another thread here just noted that support said as much, that it's a back end problem. If they work the technology right customers need less support. Not that I'm justifying Visible. They should be on top of the technology.

This is beyond frustrating 

Cmoney12051
Novice III

After waiting for over an hour for another chat, they did a esim reporvisioning and that did absolutely nothing. I had to reboot my phone so if course we lost connection. I'm at my wits end here.

Here is a screenshot from the rep telling me they were reporvisioning my esim 

Rioz
Novice

MT\MO calls both failed. The signal bar is grayed out for couple days.

Tried online chat and never connected to a real man. 

This is why visible is cheap.

Respond with "Representative". It will put you in the queue. 

Be prepared though... right now I've waited 90 minutes to 3 hours.

Rioz
Novice

Can't make MO MT calls with eSim. This is not a device issue, not your phone's problem. 

Visible needs to fix on their end and looks like they don't have any solutions yet.

IMF
Novice III

In the chat queue for 3 hours or so, finally get in. Agent starts asking about the exact times and numbers of calls into the phone that failed. Then the app wants me to log in in again, then it just freezes. No choice but to quit the app, which after restart innocently starts asking me what they can help me with.

Awful. Awful. Awful.

They are just spinning their wheels by reprovisioning esims. We can do that without them. Looking into specific calls seemed more pro-active, but when chat just gets dropped not sure how we can make progress,

When I listened carefully again to the "can't complete your call" message it referenced Message 6 US01LV. Various info available on this on the web, including that it could be to network usage. I know that Visible gets second fiddle to Verizon customers for data. Is it happening for Voice too? 

IMF
Novice III

This morning a new version of the Visible app has appeared.

Installed on iPhone, deleted old esims and ran through the "Switch Now" in the app to get a new esim. Reboot phone. After a few mins incoming calls were working.

I am trying this now on my pixel 6a. fingers crossed!

That did the trick for me too!

I updated to the new version of the app that was released today, then I removed the old esim and got a new one form the app. after a few minutes i was able to receive calls. 

thank goodness.

JustEd
Novice

Does this get fixed?

Bluizgrl3
Novice

I removed the old eSIM (received on Tuesday). 

Downloaded the updated App.

Rebooted. 

Got a new eSIM

Rebooted

The only change was now "my voicemail isn't setup". 

I've waited all day and rebooted. Redownloaded the app.. Rebooted. 

Still NADA. 

In the chat queue... probably for another 3-hour wait.