Downloads from the Data and Privacy Portal

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I’m trying to successfully download a call log from the the Download and Privacy Portal.

My request went fine

After a few days I received the email that my file was ready

The download went fine with request code

The zip file is encrypted and this message is provided

“Your file is encrypted. We’ll send your password to the email address associated with this request. Please click the blue download icon in the gray box below to download your file.”

I never receive the decryption password. I’ve tried 3 times now

8 REPLIES 8

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

I know I am going to sound like a broken record here, but I doubt anyone on the forums here will be able to help you.

As long as you have checked your 'junk/spam' folder to make sure it isn't getting put in there for some reason, I would reach out to visible support for help.

I am wondering depending on the wording of the email the send, and possible email protection programs if the email from visible is getting labeled as spam or phishing.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Thank you Airwolf,

I am a new Visible subscriber and really like it. Moved from Verizon.

Just testing out all the services. My registered address is Gmail and nothing in the spam folder.

I see the major benefit in posting questions like this in the forum is so others can search posts and get answers on their own.

Really didn’t want to bother customer service, but they were extremely responsive to another question I had earlier this week. My cell phone is my life line for my business.

Afternoon GreenSub,

I also see the major benefit of asking questions in forums as like you eluded to it builds a knowledge based for other users to get answers quickly.

The cavate to that is as long as people update their posts if/when they solve their issue.  I see time and time again on forums, 100s of threads asking the same questions, but never to see the original poster again.  This dilutes the forums on having to search threads to find the answer.

The secondary problem with companies running their own brand specific forums, a lot of user could take the responses or lack of responses on forums like these and directly relate it to the customer service of said company.

Part of the reason I am attempting to get more responses on threads, to build the 'user' built knowledge base!

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Airwolf, would you be willing to request your Visible call log to see if we have the same problem of no issued password for the .zip file?

Thanks

Seeing how they have a limit of two request per 12 month rolling cycle, I would rather not burn one of my request just for 'testing', you know in case I really need it.

That’s fine, it probably will not work when you need it anyway 😉

poem1993
Novice

Dear GreenSub, 

I have the same issue right now, and I need to get access to my zip file of my call log ASAP. Would you let me know how you resolved this issue, please? No email with any password has come through yet. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know how you eventually got your password for the zip file. Thank you so much!

poem1993
Novice

Dear GreenSub, 

I have the same issue right now, and I need to get access to my zip file of my call log ASAP. Would you let me know how you resolved this issue, please? No email with any password has come through yet. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know how you eventually got your password for the zip file. Thank you so much!