Fees + Yearly Increases

bmcgrady

I'm currently a verizon customer who recently became the only person on my plan. I want a cheaper option, with the same coverage & visible seems like the answer. It appears that it is only $25 a month, and i could even have a new iphone for under $30 a month. 

My question is, will my monthly bill always be $25? or will it double or triple after a year? I don't want to be blind sided down the road by price increases. I've seen this happen with several subscriptions (ex: xfinity) 

2 REPLIES 2

jo9x92n0
Novice II

Here's what I can share based on my experience: 

The $25/mo price for Visible's base plan is their current standard rate, not a promotional offer. However, it's important to note that Visible, like most carriers, reserves the right to change prices in the future. They've done some cool promotions lately; one of which reduced my bill to $20/mo for 2 years. ๐Ÿ’ธ

Visible now offers annual plans that allow you to lock in a discounted rate for 12 months. The Visible+ annual plan ($45/mo) costs $395 upfront, which works out to about $33 per month - a savings of $12 per month or $145 over the year compared to the monthly rate. The standard Visible plan is $275/year ($23/mo) or $25/moThese annual plans provide the same features and benefits as their monthly counterparts, just at a discounted rate when you prepay for a full year of service. It's worth noting that you'll be committed for the full year, so you'll lose some flexibility to switch carriers.

DeanKevin64
Ace II

I want to add a couple things.

If you are coming from a Verizon post paid plan your data will not be priority like Verizon, the base plan is deprioritized data. It will depend on the traffic on towers in your area on the data speeds. Deprioritized data does not affect phone calls and don't think it will affect texts just data speeds.

I have been with Visible over 3 years and I could never see the price doubling, there could be a possible cost raise but it would only depend on what other budget services do. When I started in 2021 with basically the same plan as the $25 is now was actually $45 but you could get it down to $25 with discounts. When they upgraded from the cloud based servers to Verizon's core system 2 years ago it was actually $30. One year ago it was lowered to $25, will it be permanent? I doubt it but I highly doubt it will ever double in price. I could see a price increase in maybe 3 to 5 years or so but my guess it would only be $5 at most. 

One other benefit of Visible is once you are a customer they will give you a friends and family referral code, it can be used by anyone and doesn't have to be just family and friends. This can get you, and them for their first month, $20 off a month for each referral credit you earn, you can bank up to 12 credits. I post mine on here in the savings spot, Twitter and on Visible's Reddit page in the referral megathread. 

Even though my data speeds at times during the day are at a crawl on the base plan I will not upgrade to the plus. I have been quite satisfied with Visible since I started. The only drawback to Visible is if you have issues with activating or service they do not have a phone number to call. The reason they can offer what they do is they don't have a 800 number system to pay for and monitor nor do they have brick and mortar stores you can go to. Customer service is handled by chat or by messaging them on one of their social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter or X now, Instagram or Visible's support page on Reddit. My preference is Reddit or Facebook rather than chat when I have questions.