Fix for announcement 803/announcement 19

mamasylvia
Novice

I got the dreaded "We're sorry, the number you dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of this call. Announcement 803" and saw a lot of messages from this board when I googled it, but the only solution I found was that someone had called in and a CSR had changed something that fixed it. So when I finally spoke to a CSR (after waiting for an hour) who took me through the standard list of things-to-try-when-you-have-no-idea-what-is-wrong, which didn't fix the problem but did change the announcement from 803 to 19, and then said he would "escalate" it and I should wait for an email, I figured that was the end and it would never get fixed. To my surprise, I got an email in less than 24 hours, requesting me to chat again, they needed more information. Fine, I started a chat, waited 1-1/4 hours, and spoke to another agent, who fixed it! I asked what he had done, to share with others who encountered this problem. He said:

"I just reprovisioned the SIM, if it happens again just ask for a sim reprovision and it should be fixed."

Something that you folks can try when it happens to you ...

3 REPLIES 3

D0DGE
Novice

the fact that this is an ongoing issue, is beyond pathetic. I have unfortunately had visible for about 8 months now and it has been NOTHING but headache, & nightmares. If you're on the fence about getting Visible, DONT! STAY CLEAR AWAY FROM VISIBLE! US Cellular is a better option, really. They have better service & WAYYYYY better CS.

sweettea
Novice

This post was super helpful! After reading various comments about the โ€œ803โ€ error I thought itโ€™d take forever to get my phone fixed โ€” I did need to wait about 1.5 hours for a response in the Help Chat, but once I did I asked right away for a โ€œsim reprovisionโ€ as recommended above and after 20ish more minutes the issue was fixed, huzzah! Thanks for the tip, mamasylvia! You saved me days of customer service horror/frustration!

I had the same issue today and asked for a "sim reprovision". Problem solved! Thanks so much for this information above. It saved a lot of time and avoided much frustration.