Phone obsolete after 14 months

Mrbill16
Novice II

My Moto e phone that I purchased via Visible stopped providing cell data sometime in August.   I then spend many hours waiting for a chat and went through all the standard steps.  One person decided that I needed a new sim card and it was shipped to me.  I installed it and now have have no calling, text or data.  After much back and forth with another chatter, I was informed that my phone is no longer compatible with Visible and they'll get back to me with a solution.  Has this happened to anyone else and if so what was your solution?  By the way, the phone is 14 months old.

9 REPLIES 9

AmishFury
Novice III

I'm new to Visible, but noticed a trend in here with Motorola phones and the plan switch. I avoid moto phone because they do not supply many OS updates. The 2022 phones ship with us Android 11 and only upgrade to 12. Older phone would be even older os versions. Not sure how that plays into compatibility. 

Anon
Novice III

I hope that you got a great discount on a new phone. I believe Motorola only offers 2 years of security updates. Stick to Google Pixel, Samsung, and Apple. All of them have much longer support. This isn't something a user should have to worry about and be penalized.

On the other size, Visible support should have recognized the issue right away. Makes me question whether they were just forcing you to buy a new phone to solve a problem they didn't know how to solve.

Mrbill16
Novice II

Here's an update.  I broke down and bought a new phone from Visible.  They kept telling me they pushed the problem up the chain, but nothing was happening.  I considered leaving, but the only thing that keeps me with Visible is the unlimited data, especially on the hotspot.  I travel a lot in my RV and stream Youtube TV at about 100 GB a month.  Nobody else offers that for $25 a month.  No, they didn't offer me a discount on the new phone.

AmishFury
Novice III

That sucks but what do you do? I had Cricket for years and was happy. Changed to get better remote reception at our family cabin and hotspot. I don't use more than the 5GB I had for the same price. Guess it's the cost of doing business with them for cheap. 

If you only use 5 GB a month you don't need to visible there's other great options even for cheaper

As mentioned I sometimes use 100GB per month. 

My response was to 'AmishFury'

My mistake๐Ÿ˜

Mrbill16
Novice II

Still no reply from Visible.