SOLVED: Hotspot for multiple devices on iPhone

alexz
Novice

TLDR: Switch to a physical SIM card

Hi Everyone,

I’ve seen some discussions about issues connecting multiple devices, mainly for iPhone users. Even though it says you can connect multiple devices, I haven’t been able to get more than one connected at a time. I reached out to support, but it didn’t help. I’m generally happy with the service, so this has just been a minor inconvenience for me.

I started using an eSIM for convenience, but I’ve always preferred having a physical SIM card in case I want to switch phones or do a factory reset. While eSIMs are easy, nothing beats simply swapping a physical card. So, I decided to go back and request a physical SIM card.

Here’s how you can do it (to save you some hassle with support):

1. Open a chat window with support.
  2. You’ll see some generic options—choose any of them.
  3. When you can type a message, say, “I want a physical SIM card.”
  4. The chatbot probably won’t understand (no surprise there).
  5. Next, type: “I want to speak with a representative.”
  6. You’ll be connected with an agent who will understand you want a physical SIM.
  7. If they ask why, just say you prefer a physical SIM.
  8. They’ll ask for your mailing address. Make sure to provide it exactly as it’s on file (I mistakenly said “Unit” instead of “Apt” once, and that caused an issue).
  9. They’ll send you the SIM via UPS (2-day air) with signature required. If you’re not home, you can waive the signature by signing the back of the sticky note they leave.
  10. To activate the SIM, insert it into your phone. It will say it’s activating, which takes a few minutes.
  11. After that, go to the app. From the home screen, scroll to the bottom and click the button to activate. Follow the instructions, which will include deleting the eSIM profile.
  12. After restarting your phone, you’ll get a message saying the service is activated, and that’s it!
  13. One last thing: don’t forget to turn iMessage back on in settings, as it gets turned off during the SIM activation.

Hope this post helps!

Stay blessed and Am' Israel Chai!

1 REPLY 1

alexz
Novice

Oh and once you are activated; you will be able to connect multiple devices. I was able to hotspot two labtops and an iPad all simultaneously.