Travel Sim Locked

Bennett
Novice II

I recently purchased a new phone through Visible on December 29th, and my phone is Sim Locked until late February, but for the whole month of February I will be going to Thailand. I am in need of service while in Thailand, and every support agent I've talked to (4, + talking through email) has said I will need to wait the 60 days. This really isn't great for me. Can anybody help me out? iPhone 14 Pro 

4 REPLIES 4

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Setup WiFi calling while in the US and use Visible overseas. If you need a VPN service, VyprVPN works with Visible WiFi fine when testing locally for me.  

I appreciate you taking your time to reply, but I need cell service mainly in case of an emergency situation where I likely would not have easy access to Wi-Fi

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Then get a cheap unlocked phone with a travel SIM. You should be able to setup call forwarding from your Visible phone while in the US.

Call forwarding
*72 and number to enable. A verbal verification will be played
*73 to disable. Rapid beep verification

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Unless you have an alternate GSM mobile you are out of luck. You cannot reuse any other SIM while the phone is locked. It is great that your device will automatically unlock after 60 days.

P.S: Please mark this as solution if it helped you.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.