Visible.com is blocking me

usatechexec
Novice

I can access the web site verizon.com. But not visible.com. I get gateway connection errors - this is the only website on the entire world wide web that I cannot access or log into. There is no explanation for this. If I turn on my VPN and connect through a foreign country I can connect to visible.com. Seems totally strange. How are you suppose to run a business with this type of incompetence? It seems to be happening to everyone. Running Windows Home - Dell R 12 Windows Workstation - Connecting through ATT High Speed Router - Location is South Florida.

4 REPLIES 4

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

Sounds like DNS issues -  configure or find someone knowledgeable in  how to configure your DNS servers on your router to something more reliable. Alternately just wait it out - any DNS changes take a while to propogate globally.

Visible chat agent on FB says the company discourages / prevents web connections from computers (USA). Its a weird customer profiling algorithm. They only want connections to the web site from mobile devices not computers. Its pretty sophisticated. You can still bypass this filtering technique by using a VPN from your computer. Somehow visible.com can detect if you are in the USA and on a computer rather than a mobile device. Anyway visible is one company I don't want to do business with. Goodbye suckers! 

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

Chat agents aren't the brightest (outsourced script jockeys) and that's a totally nonsensical explanation - I rarely use the app, instead opting for the web site via my home internet provider. Primarily because it's a cheap backup position when my home internet goes down. Talk to another chat agent and you'd get another nonsense answer. If you need support, Visible isn't for you - is a good rule of thumb for most to follow. Certinly would rely on it for business purposes.

I don't think the agent you talked to has any clue. I am not tech savvy and that I never heard before that Visible detects computers. I can't stand the app and use my Windows laptop using Chrome. I have had issues with Chrome once or twice in 3 years it would load the login page. The last time the login would pop up for about 2 seconds then disappear and go into the loading loop. I could login on Edge browser though, after a week Chrome worked again. My laptop is using the Visible on hotspot.