Visible+ upgrade, eSIM and absent support

thisisausername
Novice II

attempted to upgrade to visible+ on my account on my iPhone 14 Pro, following all of the instructions in the app - battery charged, connected to wifi. The upgrade process even triggered the iOS eSIM activation process, but it immediately failed to provision AND killed my phone's service.

Now, because Visible seemingly does not want to add a simple button to re-provision an eSIM in their app, I've had to attempt to contact support for them to press the same button on their end.

Unfortunately, it seems that support is asleep behind the wheel.

Has anyone at all gotten through to Visible support? I have been waiting for the past 4 hours, and have been booted from the chat queue while waiting no less than 6 times.

Of note, this is the 4th time I've had to contact support over eSIM jankery. If I don't get through to somebody in the next hour, I'm switching to another carrier, as all of the others that I've used have had extremely easy and straightforward eSIM provisioning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thisisausername
Novice II

One hour to the minute later, Visible support pulled through. Not super happy with the wait nor the issues with the chat window, but Vlad was pretty awesome and got me squared away very quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

thisisausername
Novice II

One hour to the minute later, Visible support pulled through. Not super happy with the wait nor the issues with the chat window, but Vlad was pretty awesome and got me squared away very quickly.

Moxie
Superuser
Superuser

I have heard that a brand new iPhone 14 (all varieties)  needs to be fully updated prior to adding esim. Apparently Apple knows there is an issue with these new phones that are currently on store shelves.

If this post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution. Thank You!

Additional information needed? https://www.visible.com/help

My phone was already updated to iOS 16.0.1 when I had this issue, unfortunately. Thanks though!