Wifi Calling cannot be enabled.

beansmom
Novice

Moto One 5G Ace purchased from Visible with sim card, have been a Visible subscriber for over a year, and a user of wifi calling since it's inception as I live in two remote, rural area's without cellular. "Upgraded" to Visible+, made certain to have the most current operating system updates, was in 5g cellular area and connected to strong wifi signal, navigate to settings/network and internet/advanced....only option is VPN and Private DNS, no CALLING or activate wifi calling ( as I have done successfully for myself as well as many elderly neighbors and friends on the Verizon Network/TM etc....) . No option to add emergency address. Toggle to the blue phone, hit the 3 dogs, went to settings, no option under Advanced, or Calls, to enable wifi calling. Spent 4 hours waiting to "chat" , reviewed all efforts, re checked updates, hard reset on phone ( both with and without sim card) , toggled wifi on and off, basically spent 2 hours trouble shooting w chat support. Advised a supervisor would call at 2:30, I drove to strong cell and wifi connection site  and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, at 4:30 received a call-yay! Supervisor discovers it is an error on their end and will be repaired and she assures me she will call back in 24 hours to verify all is repaired. I receive an email apologizing for issues and announcing service will now work. Naturally, that is not the case...go through all of the above trouble shooting steps again as well as insert my old Sim as well as a Verizon sim and the option to enable wifi calling appears. Enable, remove sim, re insert Visible sim, and option is now gone.  Sit on chat for 3 and 1/2 hours, am advised I need to reach out to Motorola??? After two hours am advised " wonderful news, I see our experts only enabled LTE on the front end , they need to enable on the back end, and just like magic, you will have wifi calling option on your phone". I screen shot all of this. Two days later, no magic but lots more aggravation. Today I spend 4.5 hours, yes, 4.5 hours after getting disconnected one time from chat, and am told a supervisor will call me back between 1 -2 hours. That was 5 hours ago. I asked how I would return this phone and get a refund for my service as I cannot use my phone without the ability to activate wifi calling and am advised the supervisor needs to facilitate this but I will definitely be getting a callback within 2 hours. In total, I have been on hold for more than 13 hours when I include all of the attempts that were never connected , chatted with agents more than 4 hours, and each time have driven more than 45 minutes to ensure I had strong wifi and cellular .   I have gotten endless runaround and zero follow through, support, or credible assistance. What a shameful way to do business Visible. case #*****

4 REPLIES 4

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Have you tried using other phone that has Wi-Fi calling?

this seems to be like a phone issue.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

beansmom
Novice

I have the same phone, Motorola One 5G Ace, on the Verizon network and it works perfectly. Appreciate the suggestion but it most definitely is NOT a phone issue. 

Maxsm
Novice

Same phone, Wifi calling not working. I too spent lots of wasted hours with useless visible customer service. Totally useless, send sout fake automated emails and no real follow through.

I eeven switched a sim card just incase it was the card but nope, no service. This is only happening with visible, other network cards work fine with feature activated. VISIBLE SUCKS

Maxsm
Novice

Same phone, wifi calling not working.

Countless chats and calls to useless visible customer service but no real follow through. Visible Sucks, customer service has no clue and makes fake promisesand sends automated updates without working on it.

I hhave lost all hopes it working at this time.