avatar selection limited; any help appreciated

ReneDescartes
Novice II

Hello new friends,

Individualizing one's profile herein by avatar selection is poor.

If one has a better preferred avatar in mind, does any mechanism exist to import it, please?

Of course, no IP, rude or advocacy symbol is proposed. Not a joke or trick.

Thanks for a responsive reply. Kind regards, Rene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ReneDescartes
Novice II

One reasonably expects the aforementioned moderators and/or Community Managers are somehow incentivized by their sponsors to look after the interests of Visible Corporation. This would include monitoring the forums for BOTH positive suggestions and the negative concerns, e.g., (not even implying anything, as you are very polite) the rare case(s) of helping folks to be respectful in their back-and-forth. I have learned that it is a common practice for such "feature requests" to be cheerfully acknowledged somehow and then completely ignored. I do NOT waste my time as you recommend. But do feel free to do so, if this suits you. I was not offended, by you. I am however, still disappointed in this aspect of Visible Forums, as stated at the outset. Let's accept failure like grownups and the inherent fundamental limitations of an "all digital platform." It has its limitations, by design. Apple this is not and will never be.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VisibleRocks
Superuser
Superuser

Rene,

I'd suggest that you post this as a suggestion in the feedback forum.  I know that the Community managers monitor the suggestions.  If a lot of people express an interest, the avatar policy could be reviewed.  Have a great week.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

I'm not someone who does the work of or for a for-profit corporation that I am also a customer of. It is a conflict in principle that one should avoid. You can do so, if this suits you. But I will never.

I have been a member of the community since February 2020 and have been instructed by the moderators several times on how to communicate my suggestions with this all digital platform.  I thought I was being helpful, but if somehow I offended you, please disregard my advice.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

PS - I thought it was a responsive reply as you requested.

ReneDescartes
Novice II

One reasonably expects the aforementioned moderators and/or Community Managers are somehow incentivized by their sponsors to look after the interests of Visible Corporation. This would include monitoring the forums for BOTH positive suggestions and the negative concerns, e.g., (not even implying anything, as you are very polite) the rare case(s) of helping folks to be respectful in their back-and-forth. I have learned that it is a common practice for such "feature requests" to be cheerfully acknowledged somehow and then completely ignored. I do NOT waste my time as you recommend. But do feel free to do so, if this suits you. I was not offended, by you. I am however, still disappointed in this aspect of Visible Forums, as stated at the outset. Let's accept failure like grownups and the inherent fundamental limitations of an "all digital platform." It has its limitations, by design. Apple this is not and will never be.