new service: can't receive calls

ricos
Novice II

I (attempted to) switch form Verizon to Visible today--been a terrible experience: incredibly quick to take my money and port the number but then impossible to reach customer service (hours and hours in queue, them timed out if you step away/let your phone or computer screen go to sleep for a second), no resources on the website besides "try restarting your phone".

I see may other threads like this, same problem: hoping that by making one more it will get the issue fixed or help others form not falling into the same trap! Woof, I should have known better that anything Verizon touches they days would be junky.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ricos
Novice II

So, after an entire day of dealing with the chat queue (that bumps you off if you don’t check it every ten minutes!!!) And when you do it on a computer, seems to just log you off after a couple hours, I finally reached someone who was helpful/efficient: my phone was not actually compatible. They also said that this no-outgoing-calls was a big issue since they made some system change: so see other threads on this issue/advice others have posted below!

HOWEVER, My problem may be different than others: turns out my phone iPhone 7 Plus was not actually compatible. While the compatibility checker on the Visible sight said I was “ready to rock” or something like that, the agent ran my IMEI number and said it was not actually compatible. They told me that if I chose “other” in the checker tool, I, too, could check the IMEI number and confirm. I mentioned that it was a bit odd to chose other when things like “iPhone”, “7 Plus”, and “Verizon” were ready choices…. They were surprisingly understanding/said thy would report the website flaw. Anyway, in the end/out of desperation before finding any other carrier, I popped the SIM card into a phone that the Visible site said would not work (a Samsung S10) and it  is working great, go figure!  (I *didn’t* even have to manually enter network info as can be searched in Reddit forums: just popped the SIM card in). 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

logantrky
Novice III

Join the club. Hopefully it's fixed soon! Keep trying CS.

capbrown50
Novice II

Same exact issue!

thesot
Novice III

Having the same issue. Ported my number to Visible and month ago and have no problems with that line. Ported my wife's number tonight, can't receive calls. Can make them, can send and receive texts, and data works. Just can't receive them. Downside of these bargain cell phone companies, there's awful customer support when things go wrong!

jjrox
Novice

I just ordered an iPhone pro max 256 today.  Wish I had known this previously.  Sure hope I don't have the same problems..

Better get the word out that Visible is not to be trusted to all the big reviewers that said it was a good deal!

Cmoney12051
Novice III

After waiting for over an hour for another chat, they did a esim reporvisioning and that did absolutely nothing. I had to reboot my phone so if course we lost connection. I'm at my wits end here.

IMF
Novice III

@ricos New version of app from Visible has fixed the problem for several of us. See other threads for details.

I notice some of you that have the problem fixed have eSIM. I have a physical SIM. Any suggestions for me?

1st i would insert sim in another phone and test.

If that still doesn't work contact support wait 2hrs haha.

Than hopefully you get the awesome person i had today that was able to comprehend english etc.

ricos
Novice II

So, after an entire day of dealing with the chat queue (that bumps you off if you don’t check it every ten minutes!!!) And when you do it on a computer, seems to just log you off after a couple hours, I finally reached someone who was helpful/efficient: my phone was not actually compatible. They also said that this no-outgoing-calls was a big issue since they made some system change: so see other threads on this issue/advice others have posted below!

HOWEVER, My problem may be different than others: turns out my phone iPhone 7 Plus was not actually compatible. While the compatibility checker on the Visible sight said I was “ready to rock” or something like that, the agent ran my IMEI number and said it was not actually compatible. They told me that if I chose “other” in the checker tool, I, too, could check the IMEI number and confirm. I mentioned that it was a bit odd to chose other when things like “iPhone”, “7 Plus”, and “Verizon” were ready choices…. They were surprisingly understanding/said thy would report the website flaw. Anyway, in the end/out of desperation before finding any other carrier, I popped the SIM card into a phone that the Visible site said would not work (a Samsung S10) and it  is working great, go figure!  (I *didn’t* even have to manually enter network info as can be searched in Reddit forums: just popped the SIM card in). 

Mpdcnva
Novice III

Welcome to the hood network….