30mbps 5G throttle

TickleSilly
Novice

I and lots of other subscribers are being throttled to 30mpps on 5G for nearly two weeks while LTE speeds remain normal.  Getting frustrated as I've already chatted and talked with agents and they offer no reason or solution.  Since Visible locks out my ability to manually switch to LTE on my Motorola phone I cannot simply "deal" with it.  Its frustrating to the point where I'm considering porting out this week before my payment is due.

Is this temporary or permanent?  We just need an explanation.

1 REPLY 1

firefox
Novice III

I hear you.  I bought an unlocked Moto g 5G 2024 from Amazon to use with my new Visible+ plan and it turned out that the Moto g phone has no way of setting it to only connect to 4G LTE! I thought I'm stuck with this but wait, I found an App "5G/4G LTE Force" and installed it. Now, even though it shows 5G, I get 32.1 Mbps download and 5.08 Mbps upload on 2 bars where I live.  I drove to the city this afternoon where there's pretty good LTE signal, I got 57.5/29.8 Mbps download/upload with a ping of 38 milliseconds. Note that I am not sure if the 5G/4G LTE App helps but I'll take it.