5g for note 20 ultra

deathcamp
Novice

when are we going to get 5g for the factory unlocked note 20 ultra?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @deathcamp - you probably do know that the phones that are compatible with the 5G are the Phone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Max Pro, Samsung S20, Samsung S20+, Samsung S20 Ultra, Samsung S20 FE, and ZTE Blade X1 5G.

I did check with a Visible employee and it looks like there's a new batch of 5G ready phones that are very close to being supported, possible within the next upcoming week(s).

We do know that Visible is working to add additional 5G support to the lineup - let's hope the Note 20 Ultra is next in line!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @deathcamp - you probably do know that the phones that are compatible with the 5G are the Phone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Max Pro, Samsung S20, Samsung S20+, Samsung S20 Ultra, Samsung S20 FE, and ZTE Blade X1 5G.

I did check with a Visible employee and it looks like there's a new batch of 5G ready phones that are very close to being supported, possible within the next upcoming week(s).

We do know that Visible is working to add additional 5G support to the lineup - let's hope the Note 20 Ultra is next in line!

dugiehowsa
Novice III

I have a Pixel 5, and after applying the March 2021 update and rebooting, I saw the 5G icon instead of LTE in the status bar for a few seconds (a friend saw the same).  But before I could run a speed test, the icon reverted back to LTE.

I am hoping this means that 5G will be enabled on the next batch of phones soon.