An imperfection in Rebate program

56ok
Novice III

As a company visible tends to be open, up front, honest, and fair.

Between unlimited 5 meg hotspot, $25 a month if you find three friends willing to join in, not selling what you don't need, and listening to the point of sending it up to network maps and math people in their company to see if a data desert clause could be offered with minimal harm elsewhere on the network, and gave the honest answer of , if it were totally up to us yes but we need Verizon and the FCC to cooperate to allow us to offer that."

I even reciprocated.  The Odyssey told them I was severely tempted by a fly by night Unlimited hotspot that required you to take out Android and put in an alternate OS just to avoid the federal regulations of Home cellular limits, (or more accurately making the phone think it's obeying the regulations of Home cellular limits erroneously). The loss of an approved app shop plus the amount of deception involved made me feel uncomfortable.  I told them I'd rather get what I honestly get and tell them how they could get more if it doesn't affect the rest of the network adversely.

But there was one thing on January 2021 that was a very strange issue.  It was one of those things that either had fine print or required fine print but didn't actually produce.

The $100 rebates for trying visible has quite a few caveats.  First you have to register your debit card with a bank you have no idea who you're dealing with if you're not from the bank originally.  Second you had to fill out three forms for every transaction just to prove you have debit.  Third that's per transaction not one time to activate.

The 4th and final problem and the worst problem is there was a two-week limit on spending it.  You had either 2 weeks to spend it or you lost it.  So I had to find the most single  convenient deposit I could to avoid carrying a balance and losing it.  And I understand the move to digital currency but the fact that it doesn't have a physical plastic equivalent makes it limited to only online places.  So I had to go through the hassle of ordering something online that I could have just as easily paid for in store and would have increased the choices and would have let me spend the hundred bucks faster.

I know any one of those terms might not be bad but all five compounded on each other is a labyrinth of headaches.

Considering visible was already a good deal at $25 a month, the hundred was just a bonus.  I don't know if those terms would have deterred me from visible but I made the best of them by putting $100 down and just blow it on one transaction on picking up an Intellivision Amico reserve, because I couldn't think of anything else I needed I could pick up in a single $100 transaction.

Luckily I have a good sense of timing, and a fortunate circumstance.  Since I paid with two debit cards one of them the web temporary debit card and the other my real local bank debit card, since one of the cards was a permanent debit card when it was time to pull the rip cord on the Amico, 100% of the money got put back on the permanent debit card.  If bad would have came to worse I would have had to put the hundred dollars that would have went to the debit card as a GameStop gift certificate.

Even though I managed in this case I think there needs to be a little more disclosure in the debit card especially with the two week limit you have to spend $100.  Also saying that it's requires registration would be helpful to know so that you have to know how much rigmarole you want to put into it.

One of the few mess ups that visible did but I understand you can't pick and choose who you deal with debit cards with.  Either disclose more openly  that you have a two-week spending limit on any refunds or deal with a different company who hands out debit cards.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

56ok
Novice III

Maybe there should be an edit button where if you want to edit something for grammatical typo or the dictator machine mis-hearing you, you should show the original text and the new text so that you know what was changed and why it was changed.  I don't remember what I said but there was an incoherent clause about the Odyssey when I was reciprocating the honesty that visible showed me.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

56ok
Novice III

Maybe there should be an edit button where if you want to edit something for grammatical typo or the dictator machine mis-hearing you, you should show the original text and the new text so that you know what was changed and why it was changed.  I don't remember what I said but there was an incoherent clause about the Odyssey when I was reciprocating the honesty that visible showed me.