Anyone seen data speed like Data speed faster than this?

Novice
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in a 4G LTE only area and if I am within 2 miles or so of one of the towers I get my signal from I did get 158Mbps a couple weeks ago. At my house which is about 9 to 10 miles from the tower I only get about 35Mbps average. 5G UW on Visible I have saw post on Reddit where some were getting speeds of well over 1000Mbps. He could have been pulling in c-band(I think) on the plus plan and not knowing it since it might not display it. But I am pretty sure 5G nationwide is maxed at 200Mbps on Visible. I don't know if it is a cap or if that is all 4G LTE and 5G NW can handle for speeds on Visible.

150Mbps on LTE? I hardly get 50Mbps. The best I've seen is almost 40Mbps on downloads. 5G is a little better. my phone achieve around 110 on good days

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am close to the tower yes which I was less than two miles. If I could post the picture of the test I would. I was shocked when I ran the test. I did two test that day, the first was 158Mbps down and 36.7Mbps up, second test was a minute later and less than a mile and read a lot less at 80.5Mbps down but up was a lot faster at 60.4Mbps. But, where I live I am in between two towers about 9 to miles in opposite directions. This tower I got the higher speeds from I am guessing there was a lull in traffic and got a good reading. I have been to the other tower west of me and parked next to it and didn't get much better speeds than I do at home which I average mid 30's down and between 1 to 10 up. There is no 5G in my area, closest is about 130 miles away.

30Mbps is also my average mark.  But I plan to upgrade to the Visible+ sometimes this year to take advantage of the 5G UW.