Have Visible+ but no ability for multiple WiFi connections per hotspot...

cottersay
Novice

I have Visible+ but I do not have the new 10Mbps data rate nor the ability for multiple WiFi connections to our hotspot (i.e., Visible still blocks more than one connection per hotspot.)  How can I get these new features?

Thank you,

-Cotter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When did you join Visible on the plus plan, was it before or after March 27th? I ask because if you signed up before that date you are on the version one of the plus plan and that only gets 5Mbps. You would need to upgrade to the new version of the plus plan but if you have any previous discounts getting the plus plan for less you will lose that with the upgrade. If you upgraded or on the new version you shouldn't have to wait for it to take affect to get the 10Mbps speeds on hotspot. You need to have them re-provision you SIM. Ask for it to be escalated if the agent you talk to can't fix it right away. Only when you downgrade to the basic plan would it take until the next billing cycle to take affect.

For Android phones you need to change the device limit in settings to hotspot more than one device. I don't know what Android phone you have but on a Motorola phone you to go into settings, network and internet, hotspot and tethering, wi-fi hotspot, manage devices, and device limit, change your device limit to what ever you want up to 10. I would have to assume other Android brand phones would be similar.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Cotter lets start with a few things.

1 what phone are you using?

2 What OS and version number are you using?

3 have you checked to make sure all updates are installed?

4 if all else fails have you chatted into Visible CS?

Darn!  I didn't even know you could contact Visible CS in any way, shape, or form!!  Thanks for the pointer!! 👍

Also, read the thread right below this one if you have an Apple phone.

@@deankevin64  is this a screen shot?  I'm totally blind and can't see it.  If you have links that would be very helpful.  Thanks

Not a screenshot, the forums don't allow them. I was just replying to tell the poster to look at the topic below this one that firefox started and the one you have replied to also. 

Here is the link. https://community.visible.com/t5/Let-s-Chat/Announcement-My-Apple-iPhone-and-multi-device-simultaneo...

cottersay
Novice

Thanks guys, but I have an Android phone.  It is up-to-date.  Apparently, Visible does not just "give" current Visible+ customers like me the 10Mbps and multi-device hotspot capability unless you sign up again!!!!!!  This I did, but I'll apparently have to wait until the next billing cycle to see if that actually worked (CLAUDE A.I. told me to do it this way, sooo...).  Very weird and illogical -- and Visible doesn't even discuss anywhere how to do this -- but since Visible is by far the best cellular hotspot solution in the entire galaxy, I guess I can't complain too much!

When did you join Visible on the plus plan, was it before or after March 27th? I ask because if you signed up before that date you are on the version one of the plus plan and that only gets 5Mbps. You would need to upgrade to the new version of the plus plan but if you have any previous discounts getting the plus plan for less you will lose that with the upgrade. If you upgraded or on the new version you shouldn't have to wait for it to take affect to get the 10Mbps speeds on hotspot. You need to have them re-provision you SIM. Ask for it to be escalated if the agent you talk to can't fix it right away. Only when you downgrade to the basic plan would it take until the next billing cycle to take affect.

For Android phones you need to change the device limit in settings to hotspot more than one device. I don't know what Android phone you have but on a Motorola phone you to go into settings, network and internet, hotspot and tethering, wi-fi hotspot, manage devices, and device limit, change your device limit to what ever you want up to 10. I would have to assume other Android brand phones would be similar.

PS. Besides chat you can also get a hold of customer service by DM on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. They also have a support page on Reddit you can message them. I primarily use FB or Reddit if I need to ask them something.

Thanks Kevin!  Much appreciated!!

Did you get your multiple device fixed?

How about the hotspot speed? Customer service should have been able to fix that without having to wait. They just need to do a re-provision to your SIM.