Possible new subscriber

wdwest
Novice

We live in a rural area with no cell coverage (except Wifi) except for Verizon per their map.  Visible's coverage map also shows coverage.  If we find that there is no coverage here, what happens as to cancellation, return of the purchased phone etc?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your best bet would be to do the free trial with eSIM if you have a newer iPhone or Android phone(I think only newer flagship Samsung and newer Pixel will work). The trial is for 15 days and it is the base plan. It will at least let you know if you have sufficient signal\reception to work where you are at. If you have a weak signal outside keep in mind it only gets worse when you go inside your home.

If you buy a phone from Visible just to try the network you would want to return it since buying it from Visible will lock the phone to them and you won't be able to use it on another carrier, only Visible. In order to get unlocked to use elsewhere you would need to use it on the account it was bought under for 60 days. Personally I would not recommend buying a phone from Visible just to try the service only to find out it will not work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Your best bet would be to do the free trial with eSIM if you have a newer iPhone or Android phone(I think only newer flagship Samsung and newer Pixel will work). The trial is for 15 days and it is the base plan. It will at least let you know if you have sufficient signal\reception to work where you are at. If you have a weak signal outside keep in mind it only gets worse when you go inside your home.

If you buy a phone from Visible just to try the network you would want to return it since buying it from Visible will lock the phone to them and you won't be able to use it on another carrier, only Visible. In order to get unlocked to use elsewhere you would need to use it on the account it was bought under for 60 days. Personally I would not recommend buying a phone from Visible just to try the service only to find out it will not work.

Thanks.  Makes real good sense.  I have a newish Motorola that, unfortunately, Visible says is not compatible, so I guess no Visible for me.

Yeah, Visible doesn't play nice with Motorola phones that aren't bought from them. I even bought a Motorola phone from them in 2021 when I started here and when they upgraded to the Verizon core system 2 years ago they deemed that phone not compatible yet it worked. From what I gather is they wiped the IMEI database of Motorola and certain Pixel and Samsung devices that were made 2021 and prior. Some have replied to me on other threads that they have Motorola phones bought elsewhere that passed but I just don't that. Two years I spent 3 or 4 hours one evening scouring eBay looking for a Motorola or Samsung phone, the ones that listed IMEI numbers. I checked well over 100 IMEI numbers, I found one Motorola phone that passed the checker and the phone happened to have been sold by Visible earlier in 2022. The only reason I bought it was to be compliant with Visible, after getting it I found out when I got the new SIM card for the new system the old 2021 model worked flawlessly and I didn't need a new phone. I was only out less than $80 and that phone so it wasn't a total loss.

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

I have a Moto 5G 2022 (bought from Boost and unlocked) and a Moto Edge 2023 (bought on eBay unlocked. Neither would pass the IMEI test but both work fine on Visible including WIFI Calling.

CarrieOnTheWeb
Novice III

Yeah my home is in a weird dead zone, every other carrier works right down the street. Verizon or any MVNO that uses Verizon will work in the areas that Verizon works in. So I was lucky and found them and then found Visible.