Receiving international calls and texts

sixtiescycles
Novice

I have yet to see a definite answer on this particular issue in the Forum.

I spend part of the time in Europe each year. I already have an EU SIM card and phone number to use while there. If I have Visible+ eSIM with my US mobile number, can I at least receive calls and text messages from the US in Europe? It would be strictly for emergencies or two-factor authentication (many important functions I have require TFA tied to my US mobile number). Does Visible+ support this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

From how I read the plans extras I would say no. It says you can call and text from US to 30+ countries. Roaming is available in Mexico and Canada but says nothing about other countries. If you need a definite answer try contacting customer service. So you don't have to wait in line on chat I would suggest facebook messenger it was about as fast the last time I used it.

Unlimited Talk, Text & Data Roaming in Mexico and Canada
Talk, text and use unlimited data when traveling in Mexico and Canada, plus the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Data speeds are reduced to 2G after 0.5 GB/day.
Roaming capabilities are not yet enabled on certain devices, see the Visible Help Center for the latest information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

From how I read the plans extras I would say no. It says you can call and text from US to 30+ countries. Roaming is available in Mexico and Canada but says nothing about other countries. If you need a definite answer try contacting customer service. So you don't have to wait in line on chat I would suggest facebook messenger it was about as fast the last time I used it.

Unlimited Talk, Text & Data Roaming in Mexico and Canada
Talk, text and use unlimited data when traveling in Mexico and Canada, plus the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Data speeds are reduced to 2G after 0.5 GB/day.
Roaming capabilities are not yet enabled on certain devices, see the Visible Help Center for the latest information.

Thatโ€™s how I read it, too. If it were any better for the user then it would be in Visibleโ€™s favor to say so.