Reinstall eSIM Feature

KN028
Novice

Hi,
There should be a feature to allow you to reinstall the eSIM.

Because my mom is not good with technology and has a plane flight this evening, I needed to get Visible carrier working ASAP on her phone so she can call and text the family if there are any issues with her flight. We obviously want to make sure she is safe.

I was able to resolve the issue by a method of spending an extra $10 to set up a new account, go through the process again to redownload the eSIM.

Because I do not want to risk her safety when flying, I kept the new phone number Visible assigned. The old phone number will be canceled. Also I will have to cancel the old account.

Summary of points to improve Service:

1 Reinstall eSim feature

2 Improve carrier Service kept with old phone numbers

3 Easy way to delete the account and check if user wants to deactivate service if they delete the account 

4 Provide a queue number for the chat system or refer to social media to get help with live agents

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davolc7
Novice II

In regards to re-downloading the eSIM, i reached out to customer service team via their chat and requested to re-download the eSIM, I know its not the fastest way but the current solution that I know. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

But most people are not ready to give up their phone number

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Just an idea. On my iPhone I have had more than 1 eSIMs installed.

Ubigi is an app you can install an eSIM without an actual purchase.

once you have 2 or more installed eSIMS, you could easily delete the Visible one. Hopefully the reinstall is easy.

Let us know if you try this procedure.

davolc7
Novice II

In regards to re-downloading the eSIM, i reached out to customer service team via their chat and requested to re-download the eSIM, I know its not the fastest way but the current solution that I know. 

Thank you all for your help.

Yeah I ran into the problem again with my sister’s phone. Just contacted customer service through the app and waited in queue. Queue number doesn’t show up at first but it showed up a bit later for me.

On another note, when activating the  Visible service it takes roughly about 8 hours for in/out calls to work properly.